Walking Tall

deadeye2

I am walking pretty tall right now. Just received my US Patent Certificate on my invention, the Deadeye Precision Scope Leveler. Makes me feel rather privileged to have had an original idea that works and is patentable
grin.gif

I read this a few days ago and was hoping to see some photos or a description or some chat on how it works and what problems it solves.

But nary a response.

How about telling us something about it.

[ 12-03-2004: Message edited by: 4ked Horn ]

4Ked Horn, Thanks for asking. This is a two level system and is very accurate and easy to use. The unit consist of the Rifle Bar Level and the Vertical Alignment Shaft.
1. Place the Verticall Alignment Shaft downrange, 15 to 30 feet is usually suffieient, but with a high powered scope you may have to go out 25 or 50 yards (go to the distance needed for a clear view of the shaft through your scope). Yes you are going to be looking through your scope to complete the alignment, no guessing if you are seeing what you are supposed to be seeing)
2. Adjust the leveling screws on the base of the alignment shaft until the bubble atop the shaft is centered
3. Place the firearm in a cradle or brace securly with sand bags.
4. Loosen the scope mount rings. Attach the Rifle Bar Level to the receiver across the scope moumt base extension or other flat surface (attaches with a rubber band so it will not marr your stock and versitle to fit most weapons).
5. Adjust the left/right stance of the weapon until the level bubble is centered.
6. While sighting through the scope, rotate the body of the scope until the vertical reticle/crosshair is in alignment with the Vertical Alignment Shaft.
7.Tighten the scope rings and you are finished. It really is that quick and simple
You can go to my web site www.deadeye2.com for pictures and details.]
Deadeye Precision Scope Leveler

Seems simple enough. Well I certainly hope that you do well with your new product. It is hard to tell what products will sell and which ones won't and how to market them best.

Best of luck and keep us up to date on how it develops (I notice you already have a tactical version of it).
wink.gif

Thanks for the good wishes. So far I am well pleased with the way my scope leveler is being received. Of all the units sold to date, not one has been returned because it did not work. That is a record I hope to maintain. Yes we do have a Tactical model. It is not really any better than the standard model, just smaller and a lot more compact. Had some request to design something that could be carriedc in a field kit or day pack where size and weight are a critical issue. Cost a couple of dollars more because has to be built from non standard parts and takes more time and labor. Thanks for the good wishes.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.