VXII vs VXIII

Frank7mm

I have several varixIII and one varixII. should I be concerned that the II may malfunction on a heavy recoiling gun or not trak as good. Should I sell it and get a VarixIII or is there not much difference?:rolleyes:

Not all the VX-III's are 30mm tube. The VX-III has the matched index lens system where the VX-II has the Multicoat 4 lens coatings. The Matched index lens system provides for a sightly clearer and brighter image. The new VX-II's are the same as the old Vari X-III's, so they will hold up to the recoil no problem.

Thanks for the info. I purchased a 6-18 target and was starting to regret it. I have several 6.5-20 LR and just didn;t want to spend the money. For only 2x less the 6-18 is a fair deal.

the vx-II are a nice scope. I've had them on light weight (=hard kicking) 7mm rem mag where I always shot factory 175's and it never varied. The VX-III are even clearer but I wouldn't worry about the ability of either to handle recoil...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.