VX6 CDS questions

Boman

Ok for you guys running them how are they working for you? I'm looking at the 3-18 and 4-24 specifically. I'm leaning towards the 4-24. Are you guys dialing for range? Are they reliable? Are they staying zeroed? I'm real interested in the Zero Lock version as well. Especially the 2 two turn Zero lock. Thanks for your help

I have 3-18x44mm with 2 turn zero lock and have ran it too 850yds with good results. But have only had it since July.

Ok for you guys running them how are they working for you? I'm looking at the 3-18 and 4-24 specifically. I'm leaning towards the 4-24. Are you guys dialing for range? Are they reliable? Are they staying zeroed? I'm real interested in the Zero Lock version as well. Especially the 2 two turn Zero lock. Thanks for your help

Boman,

Been using the VX-6 3-18x50 with my custom CDS dial (see 5th paragraph) for the past 3 hunting seasons. Yes, it is reliable, holds zero, but can't comment on the zero-lock due to purchasing one of the first units out from Leupold in February, 2013. It's lightweight, glass is sharp\crystal clear and features function flawlessly!!

Ted

Thanks DR and Theo. I appreciate the info. It seems most have good things to say. I'm hoping more will chime in now that people have been using them for a while now.

I use a 3x18 on my 300wsm and the dials are repeatable on it. I was dialing up and down all summer long to 950yds without a hitch. Wouldn't you know it......the furthest shot on anything this year was a antelope at 325yds that I didn't have to dial. I shot one bull elk at 70yds and another at 150yds.

I just ordered 2 3x18's and one 4x24 with the TMOA reticle. I sold a Nightforce and another Leupold 6.5x20 that they are replacing. The Nightforce is a great scope but is just too heavy for what I want. A 3x18 is almost a pound lighter than a Nightforce NXS. I still have 4 other Nightforce scopes on other rifles and I wouldn't be surprised if I sold one or two more and replaced them with VX-6's just due to the weight on my hunting guns.

Wow Idaho, that's the info I'm looking for. I was going to go Nightforce but I backpack hunt and the weight just doesn't seem reasonable. Good to hear some nice long range work being done with them. Funny how hunting will go,practice long and only get short shots.

I use a 3x18 on my 300wsm and the dials are repeatable on it. I was dialing up and down all summer long to 950yds without a hitch. Wouldn't you know it......the furthest shot on anything this year was a antelope at 325yds that I didn't have to dial. I shot one bull elk at 70yds and another at 150yds.

I just ordered 2 3x18's and one 4x24 with the TMOA reticle. I sold a Nightforce and another Leupold 6.5x20 that they are replacing. The Nightforce is a great scope but is just too heavy for what I want. A 3x18 is almost a pound lighter than a Nightforce NXS. I still have 4 other Nightforce scopes on other rifles and I wouldn't be surprised if I sold one or two more and replaced them with VX-6's just due to the weight on my hunting guns.

Awesome info. And great story about getting all set up for long range hunting and then meeting short range game.

"There I was when this Bull Elk came out of the woods 70 yards away. I raised my rifle, then changed my mind and walked 800 yards away from him and shot him."

Why did you walk 800 yards away?

So all that dialing in and practice didn't go to waste.

"There I was when this Bull Elk came out of the woods 70 yards away. I raised my rifle, then changed my mind and walked 800 yards away from him and shot him."

Why did you walk 800 yards away?

So all that dialing in and practice didn't go to waste.

HW, you certainly are a "Dedicated LR Sportsman"!!! :D gun)

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.