VX-6 3-18x42mm Tactical Turret Upgrade

JD338

I sent my VX-6 3-18x42mm back to Leupold earlier this week to have M1 style Tactical turrets installed. The cost for both elevation and windage dials is $165.00. This is what the VX-6 was missing. I had the Fire Dot WindPlex reticle installed last year and it worked like a dream out to 800 yards.
I will have the scope back in 3 weeks.
VX-6%203-18x44mm%20M1%20Turrets.jpg

WindPlex%20reticle-Fire%20Dot.png

Having the M1 style Tactical turrets and the WindPlex reticle will make this a true long range scope on my 338 RUM.

JD338

Interesting, last week i talked with a leupold customer service rep. that told me you cannot install target turrets on the vx6 line. I just shook my head and went along with it.

pretty sad when your front line CS doesnt even know the products. Big thumbs down for that, but i sure love that vx6 lineup!

Very nice! When I can afford to upgrade scopes on my 280ai, that's the one I'm wanting. It currently has a VX3 3.5x10 CDS

The VX6 really is a good value with a lot of great features. And 3-18 is just hugely flexible. Awesome! :cool:

You're gonna love them! On VX-6 scopes with the TMOA reticle it's just a matter of swapping knobs - no need to send your scope in. I have those turrets and really like them. Can't figure out why they don't come that way.

What about scopes with just the fine duplex in them? You cant just swap turrets on those?

Why doesn't leupold advertise this??? VX6s are really nice scopes for a long range hunter. I have a 4-24, been good so far. Only gripe is the somewhat mushy clicks when compared to NF or Razors.

Though to beat these when they only weigh ~20 oz, have a zero stop and 20 moa per rev.

I've been bitching at & to them for not offering models with target knobs on the VX-6's right from the get go.

**** shame having to spend the money up front for the scope with CDS knobs first, then the cost to ship back to the factory, plus the additional cost to upgrade to target turrets.

R & D should have been kicked in the nads for not designing them from the start......

These are great knobs, I got them for my VX6 3-18x50 TMOA last fall when they first came out.

What's cool is they do have a zero stop that can be used on both elevation and windage. The windage stop was not intended by Leupold, but the zero stop mechanism from the elevation also fits in the windage, and I have mine set up so when I dial clockwise from my zero, I only get about 3/4 of a rotation before the zero stop locks out any additional travel, somewhere around 15 moa. Then I just dial back counterclockwise to my zero windage setting.

Lots of comments about how the clicks or the zero stop are not as good as Nightforce, but when I am in the field have never had a problem dialing my shooting solution or returning to zero. And at about half the cost and about half the weight, this VX6 sure performs.

What about scopes with just the fine duplex in them? You cant just swap turrets on those?

You need the tall turrets in order to use Tactical dials. Those only come on TMOA scopes but Leupold can install them on any 3-18, 4-24, or 7-42 VX-6.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.