VV N 560 powder in the .338 RUM ?

kidcoltoutlaw

have any of you tried the powder it works great in the 338 rum and at max velocity.i get 3100 fps with a 250 grain and super accuracy.im using a 28.5 inch barrel,thanks,keith

I have tried VVN560 and had pretty good results. It is weird, almost all powders produce .5" to 1" groups at 100 yds. But some bullets prefer certain powders at certain charges. This is what pulls that .5" down to a one hole. I had a little more success with 4831SC. I shot a one hole group with 200 grain nosler b. tips at 200 yards. On my fifth shot I pulled. I was so mad at myself. I guess that is why I am not abench rest shooter. Still averaged out to be .5" group at 200 yards for 5 shots. But boy was I on to something or what? Good Hunting!

I have tried VVN560 and had pretty good results. It is weird, almost all powders produce .5" to 1" groups at 100 yds. But some bullets prefer certain powders at certain charges. This is what pulls that .5" down to a one hole. I had a little more success with 4831SC. I shot a one hole group with 200 grain nosler b. tips at 200 yards. On my fifth shot I pulled. I was so mad at myself. I guess that is why I am not abench rest shooter. Still averaged out to be .5" group at 200 yards for 5 shots. But boy was I on to something or what? Good Hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.