Vortex Venom

Wachsmann

I have a question to anyone that has one or might be able to answer. I was reading on the vortex site that with the zero stop installed you are limited to like 47 MOA of adjustment. With the scope being mounted on a 0 MOA rail or 0 MOA mounts then I could probably see where they might have come up with the 47 MOA. Scopes designed to be in the middle of there elevation when generally sighted in. But with the scope being mounted on a 20MOA rail or a 30 MOA rail then I would think you would get some of that bottom end adjustment back. Does anyone know or have dealt with this on the Venom.

This was my first thoughts above but after watching a video on the who setup its actually works as a zero stop but also limits the amount of dialing upward or for range so adding a 20 or 30 MOA base especially the 30MOA base you would not gain anything. Probably not the best design when wanting to try and really stretch out the legs on a 300 mag like in the 1500 to 1800 yard range. Well I guess I'll look back at the other modals.

Last edited:

Recent Posts