vortex pst ffp, or ,mark 4 ffp

timmyatnop

Ok I've done my reasearch was going to get viper pst ffp ,now I don't know. I wanted wind drift on my tourrett . Kenton does not do pst .vortex said gunwerks would ,I called them only if you buy there shooting system. The man at gunwerks was a nice guy he said just get a paint pen and put drift on myself I guess I can do that. If I buy mark 4 ,i don't have to put it on myself kenton can plus its a mark 4 ,what do you guys think.

I think you may be making a major decision based upon a relatively minor issue--there are bigger more important differences between the two scopes in my opinion.

The equivalent FFP MK4 with matching turrets is getting close to twice as expensive. If you get the 40% military discount it becomes a more attractive choice, but without it it's a whole lot more money. It has no illumination or zero stop. The TMR reticle is very nice in my opinion, but for hunting in the brush in low light it really could use illumination. If you don't ever do that it might not be a big deal. A zero stop is really nice, especially with only 5 Mils per turn.

Most of us have gotten along just fine for a long time without the windage being printed on the dial (or range for that matter). A quick glance at a chart taped to the stock or scope doesn't take much time, wind is pretty easy to memorize (especially in Mils), or if you really want it on the turret there are ways to get it on there. I've been making my own BDC labels for all sorts of scopes for a long time, getting something workable for wind would not be difficult.

In short, I just think there are much more important factors to consider when choosing between scopes that whether Kenton will put wind on a turret or not.

Yea I agree ,I don't get discount,.if vortex is repeatably like they seem to be saying I think iam gona go that route. I guess if I put a 20 mos rail on top . It will have more than enough elevation of travel.guess my mind is made up .

Good choice Timmy. I have the regular Viper and love it. My next scope is going to be the PST if not the Razor, but you can't go wrong with either.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.