Vortex - Not a Wise CS Business Decision

Yep, 338winmag, I've noticed the same thing; and it disturbs me that Vortex offers to "Fix" the problem by selling you a $59 lever to overcome the resistance in the control. When I've spoken with them about it they offer to "look" at it if I'll send it back but that means I'm without a scope while they fiddle around with it.
I'm working on an aluminum ring with lever to deal with the the issue in DIY fashion. I'm not spending another 50+ bucks to get what I need.

Not really knowing what the problem is, but if a throw lever would fix the problem then good ol' Tyler Kemp (MK Machining) on here makes them. I bet that if he doesn't already make one for that model scope he may be interested in helping you out. IDK, but worth looking into.
Here are his throw levers:
https://mkmachining.com/index.php/product/index/1

I can say that NO company has PERFECT customer service. I started out a huge Vortex fan and bought many of their items. I talked a couple people into buying Vortex stuff and two of my closest hunting partners sold off all of their miss matched gear and bought all Vortex gear as well.
I will say that Vortex offended me bad enough that I am selling off ALL of my Vortex gear and replacing it with other stuff. I still have a brand new Razor hd 5-20x50 MOA scope, and a new Razor hd 16-46x65 spotting scope that I want to get rid of and then I will have gotten rid of all my Vortex items.
Please don't pm me and ask what problem I have with Vortex, because Im not looking to bash them, just not happy with the way I was treated.

Please don't pm me and ask what problem I have with Vortex, because I'm not looking to bash them, just not happy with the way I was treated.

Appreciate the comments. IF all the member Threads and Posts on this Forum pertaining to product reviews turn superlative, because the members have been silenced from expressing their actual thoughts and opinions, then I'll no longer bother reading them.

I have dealt with Vortex CS on two different product matters. In both situations, they initially attempted to blow me off. However, when you push back and remind them of their warranty claim they will respond. In one case they went above and beyond what I had expected and replaced the product with a newer generation product and generously included other features that I did not purchase.

The other case involved a Viper HSLR scope that had a distorted image. They replaced the scope; however, I am still unhappy with the image distortion on the replacement. When I informed them that I still was not satisfied, they offered to take it back and reimburse me for my cost. I have been too busy to take them up on their offer.

In my experience they stand behind their products and warranty but you have to be firm and remind them of their claims or you risk being shrugged off.

Appreciate the comments. IF all the member Threads and Posts on this Forum pertaining to product reviews turn superlative, because the members have been silenced from expressing their actual thoughts and opinions, then I'll no longer bother reading them.

I can't agree with this comment more. One of the main reasons I am on this forum is to gain knowledge about these types of issues that pertain to the business that myself and many of the members here spend a ton of money buying products from.
As a business owner myself I look for feedback from my customers good and bad. The good so I know what makes my customers happy and keeps them coming back, and the bad so I know where I can improve!

Good evening! Ryan from Vortex Optics here!

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Viper's magnification ring. This issue you're seeing is indeed unusual, and it sounds like Larry recommended a quick fix to keep you up and running until we're able to see it in for a repair.

I can understand the frustration with this, but I can absolutely assure you we will rectify the situation. I you'd like to reach out to me directly at Vortex, please do not hesitate to do so! My direct line: 608-826.6280, and my email: [email protected]

Looking forward to getting you fixed up.

I have nothing but a positive experience with Vortex.
I ordered a 4-16 PST around the first of Sept. I received it and am not sure if I tightened the rings to tight or it was a defect front the factory, but the parallax knob squeaked and was rough. It didn't matter to Vortex if it was my fault or not. They wanted to fix it. I overnighted it on Thursday Sept 1, Monday was Labor Day and Tuesday I received a shipping confirmation saying they matched my overnight shipping and I would be receiving it by 3:00 pm the next day. I got my scope back before noon...
So my experience is... They went the extra mile, on a popular three day holiday weekend to make sure my scope was fixed and back to me quickly. They received it on a Friday, and I had it back on my rifle by Wednesday. Not a single problem since...
Customer for life...

I just wanted to post an update.

I sent Ryan with Vortex and email this morning and he immediately called me back. He has come up with a short term solution (at my request as I need the scope in place through early December) and has offered a good solution once I can remove the scope from the smokeless muzzle loader. Sounds like Vortex has corrected this rubber ring issue with a metal power ring adjuster, which should solve the problem indefinitely.

Ryan, Vortex and fellow long range members, thank you all for your thoughts and concerns.

Roger

Good to hear you were taken care of. I was gonna say that the rubber mag ring was a bad design and they started making them with the metal mag rings instead for a while now.

Update on my scope issue. I first must say the Ryan from Vortex was great to work with. He sent me out a temporary fix (offered an immediate and perminant fix) but I was not willing to remove the scope until after the hunting season. Once the season was over, I removed the scope and sent it back to Vortex. I packaged the scope in a scope box, then put that box into another cardboard box and mailed it insured to Vortex..total cost $29. My scope arrived in 3 days to Vortex and I immediatley received a confirmation email that the scope was in their possesion. Within two days I received an email saying my scope was being returned by Fed Ex, and here is the tracking number. Because of weather (obviously outside the control of Vortex) the shipment was delayed by one day, but I still received the scope on Jan. 12, 2017. So, I shipped my scope on Jan. 3 2017 to Vortex. They received it on Jan. 6th, 2017. I had a 100% perfect scope back in my hands on the 12th! I call that good customer service.

Thank you Ryan. Thank you Vortex Optics. And I am certain other optics companies can try to match this service, but I am confident this service will not be exceeded.

I would certainly put Ryan and Vortex on the good guy list.

We're elated to hear this! Truth is, the folks behind the curtain in Customer Care and Riflescope Repair are the ones who deserve all of the thanks here! If you, or anyone reading this, have any questions - any time - we are always here for you.

[email protected]

Sounds like great customers service and a happy ending.
I have several Vortex optics and have never had issues with any of them but good to hear comments on their good customer service in case someday I do have issues. :)

Sealesniper, can you elaborate on what the temporary fix was? I too have a viper with the loose rubber ring and prefer not to remove it from the rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.