Vortex Extreme

HuntingBronco

I participated with my son in the 2019 event - we both had so much fun, the whole family (wife, daughter and another son) all geared up for 2020 - Covid killed that one and they just announced no more Vortex Extreme. I need to get my gang out shooting distance at some matches. Bonus if the countryside is as beautiful as Douglas, WY. I always described this event as the Sporting Clays for Elk hunting. Hiking between stations and being presented with a variety of shot challenges. Any suggestions on low pressure, family friendly matches for long range shooting combined with some physical endurance component (not survival level endurance.) Thanks everyone. (And for Vortex - bring it back!)

That sounds like fun. Didn't know this was a thing. I'll have to look into it thanks

where do you get more info?
Well - not that it will help any given they have communicated no future Vortex Extreme events - but you can google Vortex Extreme and watch youtube videos of the competition.

Reviving - still seeking a fun match where an experienced person can shoot alongside a less experienced shooter in a friendly format similar to Vortex Extreme.

The GAP Grind was purposely designed to offer the opportunity of pairing an experienced shooter with an amateur shooter:

The Allegheny Sniper Challenge (ASC):

I shot both of these for a few years and enjoyed both. The scenery is simply excellent for both since those states get plenty of rain.

:)

but can't find anything current on the ASC. Hints or has it gone the way of the Extreme?

ASC tended to be a little below the horizon or somewhat secluded from the normal due to the larger crowds forming up for most top grade competitions. It got REALLY popular.

Apparently, all the links I once had for ASC have been taken down. All I find are the older posts and links. The men sponsoring it may have just retired. It was a lot of work setting ASC up for the crowds.

Sorry.
:(

Recent Posts