Vortex diamondback hp

Anyone using this scope and what do you think?

Thanks

I have the 4-16x42. Optics are very bright and clear. Excellent eye relief. The side focus is near spot on with yardage. My only gripe and it really isn't a gripe....the turrets aren't very "clicky". I really like to hear and feel the clicks when I adjust a scope and the clicks on the HP are faint and kind of smushy. The scope holds zero and tracks just fine, but I really like the audible click. Makes me feel as though the scope will be more recoil resistant even though I know that has nothing to do with it.

I have the exact same scope mounted on remingto 700 in 300 weatherby and the clicks on my scope are difined solid and definitely make a solid click,i jave aslo now put about 50 full piwer liads from 165 gr and 180 gr accubonds with 7828 and everything has stayed where it should no complaints

Good eye relief and decent optical quality for the price. Mounting dimensions are tight; wouldn't fit between the rings on my long action Savage and barely fit between the rings of my friend's long action Remington 700. Side by side with my Meopta Meopro set at 10x vs my friend's Diamondback HP at 12x I can see bullet holes on a target better through my scope at 10x than his scope at 12x, but the Meopro is a little bit more expensive.

My friend has a Meopta 4x12 (Cabelas Eurosprt) I like it vut this diamond back was at my max spending limit and its the best scope i personally ever gad or wull have ,honestly i feel a little intimidated being on this forum;i dont have any custom buolt riffles .All i have is a 35+year old Ruger M77 in 270 win and since 1989 my Remington 700 classic in 300 Weatherby, all i have been able to afford to do is free float the barrels,aucuglass the action to the recoil lugs and lap the scope rings .For glass all i could affors were cheap bushnell and simmons the bushnell after the fith shot the reticles broke and bounced around inside so i tried the simmons 44 mag,and affer the second shot the front objective lens popped out.Si finally i moved up to a pre Leoupold Redfield 3x9z40mm,the optics sucked but it held zero,so finally on my fixes income i put the diamondback HP on layaway and on my birthday my son paid off the difference and gave me the scope which i know is not a niteforce meopta Swarovski schmit and bendar,but it good enough for me.Luke i said earlier reading some of these pists i felt alittle out of place.

I bought 2 of the 3x12 models. Good solid hunting scopes. I bought a weaver v6x24 for my new 223 for more precision shooting!

Ill be honest i felt a little intimidated joining this forum because as a lot of members have multiple high end custom built riffles and i only have 2 oem factory wood stocked riffles that i did aome minor modse to adjusting triggers to 3.0#s free floating barrels and accuraglassing from action to recoil lugs and lapped the scope rings and the riffles i have one is a Ruger M77 from 1984 ive had and lastly theone my new vortes diamond back HP sits on a Remington 700 classic in 300 Weatherby since it came out in 1989 .

Ill be honest i felt a little intimidated joining this forum because as a lot of members have multiple high end custom built riffles and i only have 2 oem factory wood stocked riffles that i did aome minor modse to adjusting triggers to 3.0#s free floating barrels and accuraglassing from action to recoil lugs and lapped the scope rings and the riffles i have one is a Ruger M77 from 1984 ive had and lastly theone my new vortes diamond back HP sits on a Remington 700 classic in 300 Weatherby since it came out in 1989 .
Welcome to the forum....
Don't worry about being intimidated, a lot guys on here can't afford very expensive custom rifles. Everyone is eager to help you.
There is no such thing as a stupid question, just ask....

No need to feel intimidated; most of the guys around here are really helpful. I don't have any custom rifles and I just upgraded to my Meopta last month only because my Bushnell got a bunch of water in it (still waiting to hear back from Bushnell customer service). If you read my last post my only criticism of the Diamondback HP was that the mounting dimensions are short. My best friend has one on his hunting rifle and I actually think it's probably the best deal right now in its price range. Every time I start thinking about buying a custom rifle and a high-end optic, I realize that I would rather take my family to Disneyland for a week.

Lol that's very true, I don't want to derail this great optics thread ,should I or could ask about some pointers on trying to squeeze the most accuracy out of my reminton 700 and Ruger M77?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.