Voluntary recall of Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles ...

Thanks for the heads up, I have two to send back! However I couldn't get the online registration to work so will have to wait and call the 800 number........

The simplest solution to this problem is to have a smith remove that XMP piece of junk and install a worked-over old style wide-shoe Remington trigger. That way you don't have to send your rifle in. Or, you could break-down and buy a Timney or Jewell trigger and your problems are quickly solved.

Just my thoughts on saving alot of folks some time, and you get a much better product in the end.

The simplest solution to this problem is to have a smith remove that XMP piece of junk and install a worked-over old style wide-shoe Remington trigger. That way you don't have to send your rifle in. Or, you could break-down and buy a Timney or Jewell trigger and your problems are quickly solved.

Just my thoughts on saving alot of folks some time, and you get a much better product in the end.

Unnecessary cost to end users. The bottom-line, it's their call and no one else.lightbulb

Not sure if this applies to all affected by the recall but it looks like a good deal ...

Because my rifle is affected by the Remington trigger recall they sent me a 40% off coupon to use on their website. I was wondering if this stock is the HS Precision that comes standard on the Sendero? Is there any way to tell? The pictures just show the exterior of the stock, not the bedding area. I had been looking at some Bell and Carlson stocks as well as a Manners, but considering the price would this Sendero stock be just as good? Thanks for your help.

these recalls can take a year to get back I sent back a tc venture it took a year that sucks I didn't buy a rifle to have the factory keep it for a year

Thanks, FEENIX

Not sure if this applies to all affected by the recall but it looks like a good deal ...

Originally Posted by rca81
Because my rifle is affected by the Remington trigger recall they sent me a 40% off coupon to use on their website. I was wondering if this stock is the HS Precision that comes standard on the Sendero? Is there any way to tell? The pictures just show the exterior of the stock, not the bedding area. I had been looking at some Bell and Carlson stocks as well as a Manners, but considering the price would this Sendero stock be just as good? Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Remington 700 L/A Sendero Synthetic Stock Assembly, Black/Grey, Palm Swell (F249063) : Rifle Stocks

I've got one that needs to go back and this might be a good time to pick up a Sendero II stock.

Gus

It does work on all recalled rifles. I entered in the serial number of one of mine and it said it needs to be sent back, so i entered in my shipping info and they gave me a 40% off coupon code.

It does work on all recalled rifles. I entered in the serial number of one of mine and it said it needs to be sent back, so i entered in my shipping info and they gave me a 40% off coupon code.

Cool, that's good to know Riley, thanks!

It's very nice to know that those that are personally affected by the recall are very receptive.

Good luck!

Ed

Sounds like a good gun registration scheme, just enter your serial # and bam ! your IPS shows your location and all your personal info ! Go ahead and send your guns in, you just may never get them back !
What if this is a deceptive gun confiscation scheme ? Remington sweetens the deal with free repairs and other cool offers, millions of M700 rifles are sent in then the "Government" decides with new legislation that these firearms are not safe to return and all you get is a 50% off coupon for KY or Preparation H, your choice !!

mine are never fired until Jewell trigger is in, and I would NEVER send my customized M700 rifles to the Rem factory to begin with !

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.