Voltage control for sensitive electronic scale

wildcat westerner

Hello, for years in LR competition I had used an Outers Adventurer-Pro with mixed results until after hooking up an APC Line R 1200 voltage regulator finally I achieved repeatability to .000. The APC unit went out and the company said "buy another one". I did not like that advice so bought another unit called OPTI/UPS, which did not work "out of the box".
So, with the combined problem of "dirty" electrical problems out here in the rural high desert and also some interference from fluorescent lighting I would appreciate it if you fellow reloaders who have both knowledge and experience with these issues in trying to get a finite scale to consistently read correctly, let me know about what unit you are using with your electronic scale to getstable, repeatable,readings. Happiness is the first time I got five shots under 5fps variance!(.284)

WW

well i have no fluorescent lights and no issues with my fx120i right out of the wall.
i have heard of others with issues, and know that around industrial areas voltage can vary thru out the day.

Based on your post, I would suggest you get another APC (a proven performer) and replace the fluorescent lights with LED. If the power is as bad as you say there, then the APC probably just worked itself to death. Or did the battery inside it jut go bad? Have you tried replacing the battery to see if the power filter still works?

Based on your post, I would suggest you get another APC (a proven performer) and replace the fluorescent lights with LED. If the power is as bad as you say there, then the APC probably just worked itself to death. Or did the battery inside it jut go bad? Have you tried replacing the battery to see if the power filter still works?
hello dsculley, you mentioned many things, all of which make sense. replacing the flourescents with LED bulbs, is something I knew nothing about, in that particular shape. I will be disassembling the APC after this post. I knew nothing of a battery, but will be finding out, likewise the power filter?
Thanks,

WW

OK, I have disassembled the case on the APC. It contains a very sophisticated circuit board and I see nothing that I can I.D. as a battery. There is a huge yellow/black device that has steel componentry that is really what causes this unit to be so very heavy. There is nobody, conceivably, with any skills to repair this , except Denver (5 hours) or Albuquerque (2+ hrs). 71 of my patients may be walking due to my skills, but I can't fix this!

WW

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.