• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Volquartsen Custom Shop 17 HMR

rm76

I have a Volquartsen Custom Shop 17 hmr rifle for sale. This is their stainless steel model in a brown laminated sporter stock with fluted match barrel, 32-hole stainless threaded compensator, silver trigger guard, and match chamber. Scope and rings are not for sale, plan on keeping them. Factory cost for rifle today as configured, less shipping, would be $1,991 with a long wait. I am asking $1,675 and you pay for and handle shipping arrangements. Location is Tyler, Texas. Upon payment, I will deliver the firearm to a local FFL of your choosing to be shipped to your FFL at your expense. Buyer will be furnished a bill of sale.

This rifle has had less than 150 round fired and is in like new condition. Although the 17 hmr is an inherently accurate cartridge, with this rifle's heavy match grade barrel and chamber, it is very precise from shot to shot to shot. No trades at this time. PM me for payment options.

51006538207_74a257d7e6_k_d.jpg

51006431671_9b740dac5d_k_d.jpg

51109431413_eeceb7da1a_k_d.jpg

51109527991_b086d1bae4_k_d.jpg

51108962327_bb04edee0f_k_d.jpg

51109529621_81bd2311a8_k_d.jpg

I also have a Volquartsen Custom Shop 17 hmr "Lite" with a carbon fiber barrel & McMillan thumb hole black fiber stock. These rifle are TACK drivers. Looks like a VX III 8.5 X 25 Target scope. They are based off of 10/22, Your rifle is very good looking sir and a real good price for sale. You are definitely right on wait times. It takes forever to get these if ordered. I knew the owner's son, who runs the operation, years ago. They make a awesome First Class Quality rifles and pistols. Anyone would be lucky to get this one.

Thank you sir. You are right, the Volquartsen's are tack drivers for sure, but where these really shine is in target-rich environments. The heavy match barrels (and chambers), especially in an inherently accurate cartridge such as the 17 hmr provide precision shot after shot. This thing is a dream come true in target-rich environments such as in a prairie dog town, a pecan orchards full of crows, pond/swamp overrun with beavers, or in a high rack in pastures full of rabbits. Have to be mindful of wind though, that tiny bullet can get blown around -- but talk about training opportunity for learning to dope the wind, you can get it with this rimfire.

Thank you sir. You are right, the Volquartsen's are tack drivers for sure, but where these really shine is in target-rich environments. The heavy match barrels (and chambers), especially in an inherently accurate cartridge such as the 17 hmr provide precision shot after shot. This thing is a dream come true in target-rich environments such as in a prairie dog town, a pecan orchards full of crows, pond/swamp overrun with beavers, or in a high rack in pastures full of rabbits. Have to be mindful of wind though, that tiny bullet can get blown around -- but talk about training opportunity for learning to dope the wind, you can get it with this rimfire.
I use Hornady 20gr XPTs Unbelievable accuracy and hitting power. I bought 10 cases of the XPTs when I bought my rifle 10 years ago.

I have shot several 20 grain loads up to 125 yards with very little point of impact shift, but not sure what differences are observed beyond that. I have a Kenton Industries elevation knob calibrated with a 17 grain bullet, so that is what I use mostly. However I eliminated a bunch of unwanted nutria in a pond with both 17 and 20 grain ammo and could not see any differences in impact damage. Both were devastating, however nearly ever kill was with head shots. I can't recall ever needing a second shot.

I tried the 17 gr Horn and then the CCIs in my Volquart, but the horn 17 XPTs were the most accurate I had a war on squirrels on my property cause they chewed the wires in my truck and tractor. I shot over 250. I would shoot 50 with the 17 then go to my TC 22 Classic with Rem Yellow Jackets 33 gr hollow, then shoot 50 and then back and forth. I had a rule no shots under 50 yds. The 17 out to 150 no problem except for the trees and sight line. I should post some pictures. Took racoons, possums, armadillos, crows, coyotes, snapping turtles with one shot.

Pictures. I did the stock on the TC Classic it has over a dozen hand rubbed oil coats. I probably done 100+ custom wood stocks.

Attachments

• TC Classicf.jpg
    TC Classicf.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 318
  • TC Classic b.jpg
    TC Classic b.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Vol f.jpg
    Vol f.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Vol B.jpg
    Vol B.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Snapper.jpg
    Snapper.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Jills deer.jpg
    Jills deer.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 344
RM76 again I apologize, I should have sent this to a PM to you, but wanted everyone to know that the rifle you have for sale is AWESOME. Compairing your rifle to mine anyone can see that it is a higher quality rifle than mine and someone should buy it!!! I would but already have several rimfires or I would. Jill was looking at your rifle and hinting that she likes it. Yea you know when a woman makes a "HINT" it means buy it. Good luck sir and anyone would be a very lucky person to have this FINE rifle. That scope is a real nice combo. You can see a cricket's eye at 200 yds and then knock it out with this 17HMR!
Thanks again and by all means didn't want to bud in on your post just got caught up talkiing with you about 17s.

Len & Jill

Len and Jill,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Its obvious you know your rimfires and understand that these Volquartsens are such solid firearms. If after digesting on this a while longer, Jill decides that she can no longer live without this fine piece I would be more than happy to accommodate her, knowing it would go to a great home and be appreciated. I sincerely hate to part with it, but have recently moved into the city, for more accessible medical care, and just don't have a good use for it any longer. For me, its usually not worth getting it out of the safe for the rare trip back to the country, especially not knowing if there will be anything to shoot at. Thus, I made the decision that its time to pass it on to someone that will appreciate and use it.

It sure sounds like you have had a lot of fun with, and can find lots of targets for, your rimfires! Congrats on some fine shooting! And that stock work is awesome!!! Best wishes!!!

Yes my wife would feed them in our back yard. Walton County.
Len and Jill,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Its obvious you know your rimfires and understand that these Volquartsens are such solid firearms. If after digesting on this a while longer, Jill decides that she can no longer live without this fine piece I would be more than happy to accommodate her, knowing it would go to a great home and be appreciated. I sincerely hate to part with it, but have recently moved into the city, for more accessible medical care, and just don't have a good use for it any longer. For me, its usually not worth getting it out of the safe for the rare trip back to the country, especially not knowing if there will be anything to shoot at. Thus, I made the decision that its time to pass it on to someone that will appreciate and use it.

It sure sounds like you have had a lot of fun with, and can find lots of targets for, your rimfires! Congrats on some fine shooting! And that stock work is awesome!!! Best wishes!!!
Man we are so sorry to hear that you can't out like you used to. I feel for you about medical care, especially selling you fine 17. I am kind of in the same somewhat situation. We have several new rifles and a beautiful 20 O/U that need to go fo extra funds and because we will never use them.
Best wishes and God Bless
Len & Jill

Thanks my friend and good luck to both of you! I too have several others that may go on the chopping block at some point, but this is just the first. Am in no urgent need to sell, will keep it out here for a while longer.