Vld vs eldx vs longrange ab

So you post a quote from jtr1997 that says "Im curious to how these bullets compare on elk and deer"
and then you say you "personally prefer the eld. I haven't had a chance to shoot them at any game" ???? Do you know what compare means?

When it comes to hunting an extra .15 cents a bullet is insignificant.

I have hit a LOT of big Montana elk,moose,bears, and deer with Bergers and it flattens them.

They're= they are. The word you are looking for is their

First, take your grammar handbook and attitude somewhere else pal. No need to flip out because someone doesn't agree with you. Creedmoor said if the ELDs are anything like the AMAX he won't have a problem hunting with them. When you shoot hundreds of rounds a year, that .15 cents turns into $75-200 quickly. May not seem like a lot to some, but that is just more bullets, powder, brass, primers, etc that you can buy. I look at it this way, if the ELD can deliver the necessary accuracy and performance for .15 cents cheaper a piece, then that's awesome. I don't need to pay more just to feel better about myself or to say I shoot Bergers or whatever.

And do you know what compare means??? You attack CreedmoorShooter over it, yet I don't see you posting any comparisons between Bergers and ELDs. Take that ego somewhere else so everyone else can have a friendly and informative discussion.

So you post a quote from jtr1997 that says "Im curious to how these bullets compare on elk and deer"
and then you say you "personally prefer the eld. I haven't had a chance to shoot them at any game" ???? Do you know what compare means?

When it comes to hunting an extra .15 cents a bullet is insignificant.

I have hit a LOT of big Montana elk,moose,bears, and deer with Bergers and it flattens them.

They're= they are. The word you are looking for is their

I'm sorry the quote was a mistake. I should've went back and fixed it but I figured we were all adults here. Guess I was wrong. Also sorry about the spelling. Stupid spell check on my phone guess I should read back through my stuff. :rolleyes:

I'm not knocking bergers. Lots of guys use them with great success. If you like them that's fine. No need to get your hair all up. I've killed quite a few deer and others with the old Amax and the eld-m is just a retipped A-max for the most part. I never said bergers didn't kill game. I simply said there's a greater chance of failure with a non tipped bullet than a tipped bullet. If they didn't cost so stinkin much I might actually shoot them but at 45 a box I'll spend 10-15 bucks less for a higher bc.

Why in the heck do people get so bent out of shape????? Can't we discuss bullets, guns, etc reasonably and if there's debate we should be able to handle it like adults. Apparently some of us have achieved the status of adulthood.

I think I got any mistakes in my spelling. Feel free the critique me though if you must :D

I'm sorry the quote was a mistake. I should've went back and fixed it but I figured we were all adults here. Guess I was wrong. Also sorry about the spelling. Stupid spell check on my phone guess I should read back through my stuff. :rolleyes:

I'm not knocking bergers. Lots of guys use them with great success. If you like them that's fine. No need to get your hair all up. I've killed quite a few deer and others with the old Amax and the eld-m is just a retipped A-max for the most part. I never said bergers didn't kill game. I simply said there's a greater chance of failure with a non tipped bullet than a tipped bullet. If they didn't cost so stinkin much I might actually shoot them but at 45 a box I'll spend 10-15 bucks less for a higher bc.

Why in the heck do people get so bent out of shape????? Can't we discuss bullets, guns, etc reasonably and if there's debate we should be able to handle it like adults. Apparently some of us have achieved the status of adulthood.

I think I got any mistakes in my spelling. Feel free the critique me though if you must :D
Sorry i was a bit harsh. The OP was asking about the VLD vs. the ELD-X used on game. I guess when i read someone recommend a bullet (ELD-M) not mentioned by the OP and never used by the person recommending it I go off a bit. This forum has a lot of great information from real world experience. I have a bunch of ELD-X's and I would like to hear some real world performance on game as well. We shot 2 elk with the A-max a few years ago and they both penciled through.
Again I apologize for the flame and the grammar policing and I apologize to the OP for even further derailing your thread!

Sorry i was a bit harsh. The OP was asking about the VLD vs. the ELD-X used on game. I guess when i read someone recommend a bullet (ELD-M) not mentioned by the OP and never used by the person recommending it I go off a bit. This forum has a lot of great information from real world experience. I have a bunch of ELD-X's and I would like to hear some real world performance on game as well. We shot 2 elk with the A-max a few years ago and they both penciled through.
Again I apologize for the flame and the grammar policing and I apologize to the OP for even further derailing your thread!

If it makes you feel better I've collected eld-x and eld-m bullets out of soft dirt from 100-1000. All have expanded the way they should.

Your FAR better of with the ELDx than a match bullet unless you can guarantee 100%, your shot placement.

And i dont know any one that can do that 100% of the time....

One good source for comparison is you tube .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts