Veterans..............

Randy,

Had one of those wake up call moments the other evening.

Went to grandson's Eagle Scout court of honor. Local VFW participated.

One Vet was a sailor. by the patch he was an aviation electrician with one hash (4years +)

Hell, he looked old. Was wearing some kind of beret looking cover with a little thing dangling off of it.

From his age I figured the cover was some kind of vintage head gear.

After the event I introduced myself to him and learned he was a helo gun ship electrician and served the SAME term of service as I did. Hell! I didn't think I was THAT old!!!:rolleyes:

Randy, Had one of those wake up call moments the other evening. From his age I figured the cover was some kind of vintage head gear.

My Veterans Day wake up call was a fellow with a "Yorktown" hat. He definitely looked old enough, time and circumstance prevented follow up with him.

I did look it up when I got home to refresh my memory, and learned a few things I did not know.

I did know going in, the "Yorktown" played a big part in why we're not discussing this in Japanese.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts