Verifying a load

Like above. Usually enough to do a few cold bore/follow up shots to see it repeats.

Did you load higher? I would think there is quite a bit more in the tank.

Like above. Usually enough to do a few cold bore/follow up shots to see it repeats.

Did you load higher? I would think there is quite a bit more in the tank.
I did take it up to 75 grs. But I was getting compressed loads. I was loading them at book COAL of 3.500". I'm not a fan of compressed loads too.

Jason

Barnes is probably booking it short - the LRX is designed for high weight retention meaning it's a decently hard alloy for a mushrooming style mono, and they don't want any kaboomed actions from their load data if someone sticks one hard into the lands.

At 3.500" are all the drive bands fully hidden in the case neck? If they are you probably have some length to work with, I'd wager a guess of at least out to 3.610" where Hornady books their 190 CX at.

If you want to try seating longer to put more powder in there are multiple methods to find the lands to make sure you don't jam a bullet. But if you're happy with the speed and the grouping..... no need to dicker or dither with it IMO, run the load you have.