Vanguard Wilderness - Thoughts?

If I had any trouble getting one to shoot moa I would definitely be sending it in before I would go voiding the warranty by bedding the stock or floating the barrel. Or buy a Boyds for 130$ and bed and float that.

ALL Weatherby vanguard series 2 rifles are guaranteed to shoot .99 or less with Weatherby or other premium ammunition.
They are not to be confused with the series 1 which only the range certified models are guaranteed to shoot sub moa.

For sure, and I am sure the Weatherby people would be great about it if you had a problem, I spent quite a lot of time on the phone with them before making a final decision. They were really nice and very open with advice.

But in the end, the few articles I read (which may or may not be correct) had some trouble getting their Backcountrys to shoot the way I would want them to, and I just did not want to take the risk and have to go through all the time and trouble it would incur. I actually talked to Weatherby about having one put together at the custom shop and RC'd...at that time, RC was only a $200 upcharge, so it would have come out okay cost wise and would have been worth it to me for the peace of mind. BUt some feedback they gave me on the accuguard and the fact that I wanted to use mine for long range classes, and I decided to go with the heavier barreled accuguard.

Overall, the BC's I have seen have been really, really nice rifles though, as far as fit and, to me, aesthetics. If it will shoot, seems like a fabulous carrying rifle for back country hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts