Valdada 5-40x-56 FFP crusader MOA/MOA quick review

rsmithsr

this is a new model,, 5x not 5,8, 120 moa vertical. lit .3 moa dot, and 1/8 moa clicks.
this rifle will be used for 2000 yard group and score shooting, so
high magnification is a good thing
120 moa (plus factory base at 20 moa and 25 moa in the rings) means I can zero at 100 and crank out to 2000 without running into the top of the adjustment. initial math says I will be less than half way thru the upper half of the adjustment.
i shot the scope today and found it very user friendly. vert adjustment has a simple pull up to unlock. there is a zero stop that locks the turret from turning below your chosen zero.
it has a second zero if you shoot between common distances. i'll see if I can set it at 2000 and still be able to do fine tuning.
mine can with an ARD vs a sun shade.
simple on and then up / down buttons power on the lit dot, push both to turn off
pretty heavy,,and rugged
on the rugged...
my mount came off the rifle inspite of my torquing in place. the scope took a serious hit on the cement..at least twice, ARD and OBJECTIVE.
that was after the first shot. after reinstalling..it ran like a champ.
no idea how i was able to torque the ring mount to the receiver base and then have it come loose..but i did. operator error..but no idea how.

I have the older 4-27x56. Great scope but huge. Now that I have the Swaro 5-25x50 rangefinder I'll probably retire it as 1000 yards is as long as I bang steel.

you can stop pushing an under powered scope any day now.
I have been very clear that this is a TARGET rifle and that 25x does not make it, I had a 35x and moved up to a 40x. your opinion does NOT meet my REQUIREMENTS.

The Swaro has more features and can reprogrammed in a minute. Just need to keep log of initial sight in settings for different rifles.
The IOR may show up here in the classified.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.