USA Tear Soup from CDN

I have never met a hockey fan, but im sure it was a great accomplishment congrats.

Do we usually have a hockey team in the olympics? I have never watched. Hockey that is.

How many of those boys play in the NHL?

First, let me say WOO HOO!!!! Good job CDA!!!

The entire CDN team are NHL'ers and I'm definite that the USA's team was also manned by all NHL'ers.

Most of the other teams in the tournament have a %age of NHL'ers and elite European players from any of the leagues found overseas, such as players from the KHL (Russia) and the Swedish Elite League.

The NHL is skeptical about sending players to the next winter games because of the 2 weeks off and a loss in profits...not to mention sending players that get injured and are out for the remainder of the NHL season.

In my opinion, I think pro athletes should not be allowed in the Olympics.

I also believe pro athletes should make a whole lot less than what they do, but that's just my opinion!!

And BISHOP, yes the USA always has a team in both men's and women's hockey, the women gave our CDN team quite the scare when we were down by 2 goals till the last few minutes of the third period. We fought back, tied it up and won in OT. Quite exciting...would have been more exciting if I wasn't at work when the game first aired...

I love watching hockey (live) so much that I actually don't care who is playing and who wins. It is about the only sport I watch.

To be honest though, my favorite games were growing up watching the Toledo Gold Diggers vs. the Ft. Wayne Team (I think it was the Komets). Fights and all - now that was real hockey between rivals.

Watching the North Stars place in MN was also great, but I have not gone to see their spin off / stolen teams play.

The strangest game I have ever seen was in Cologne, Germany around the 2003 - 2005 timeframe. They had just opened a new stadium there and had a start-up team, fully stocked with Canadians (which is normal), but the strange part was that everyone playing was actually following the rules! It was like watching ISO 9000 hockey - blew my mind, and of course they lost.

The next year they brought in a real coach and played like Canadians - and started winning. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.