Uploading photos is a joke !!!!!!!!!

ol mike

I have read/studied on several boards and each and every one gives a different method.

Then there are 10 dozen confusing comments .

Then when someone finally figures out how to finally get a picture to post -they don't size it -then you have to sit and scroll back and forth while researching/studying/reading ..

I have posted some photos in the predator area and have some i'd like to share/add but photobucket only uploads what it wants and the others =hunt101 etc are worse.

If and when someone comes up w/ software or a truly simple method it will be very popular.

TOO MUCH TROUBLE -screw it --rant over......

Come On It's Not THAT Bad!

Photobucket works fine for me. Just upload the pic, then click the link in the "IMG Code" box below the pic you just uploaded. It will automatically copy it for you. Then, you go back to the post you are working on and paste the IMG link directly into the body of the post.

Like this:

My first (and only) elk so far:
Elk.jpg

My bike just outside of Steamboat Springs, CO:
Picture068.jpg

Forest Fire in the Distance:
Picture067.jpg

Photobucket will accept any photo you have to put in it. It will also allow you to size the photo and save different versions of it. Once you have it there, you can pretty much share it with the world.

Doug

Nice photos Doug !

I want to get a small bike to hunt off of - yamaha tw 200.

I spent the morning at photobucket trying to upload some photos and all i would get is a blank screen that said -done.
Don't know if it has anything to do w/ having a few programs open or not but sitting there wasting my time waiting on nothing ****es me off..

I use photobucket also mike and have no problem, I do resize them on my computer so it doesn't take all day to upload a pic on the dial-up connection
RR

Try this method for posting photos, I have heard a lot of people have trouble with photobucket? Here is the one I use: CQB Arms - A Federally Licensed Class II Research Company. I suggest that you resize your picture before you uploaded to a photo storage site, at the bottom is instructions on how to resize.

Step One
1) Start by uploading your picture to a web host for pictures (photobucket, cqbarms.com, others)
2) Next go to the picture you want to post in the forum.
3) Make sure it is full size
4) Right Click in the middle of the picture.
5) A menu will pop up, Left click on PROPERTIES.
6) Another menu will pop up.
7) Highlight the Address: URL: should look similar to this: http://cqbarms.com/photos/albums/use...5/222AIrem.jpg
8) Right click on the highlight
9) A menu will pop up and Left click on COPY.
10) Close this window (menu) by clicking on X in upper right hand corner.

Step Two
Now go to the Forum and thread that you want to post your picture to.

1) Click on REPLY or NEW THREAD or where ever you are posting the message.
2) Put your cursor in the message window where you want the picture to appear.
3) Now look for the IMAGE command, may be an icon or the word.
(In this forum I don't see the image icon so just paste the line in the message and add
at the end)
4) Left click and choose PASTE from the menu.

Now you will see something similar to this in your message box.
[imge]http://cqbarms.com/photos/albums/userpics/10025/222AIrem.jpg[/imge]

Special Note:
Here is an easy way to resize your pictures using Microsoft's "Imageresizer" It a small program and easily downloaded. Only works with Windows XP.

Scroll down to Image Resizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

The instructions on how to use are a little vague.

Once you have downloaded the program and installed it on your computer.

(Don't forget to install the program after it is downloaded by clicking on the file that was downloaded)

1)Go to the folder that you have your picture stored.

2)Right click on the picture.

3)From the drop down menu click on "Resize Picture"

4)Choose the size (suggest 640X480 but 800X600 is okay but a larger file size)

I just posted a couple of pictures [longrange hunting area] -i did the same exact thing this morning and couldn't get anything to work .

And have went through the procedure other times and it just won't bring the photo here.
When i get ready to read and post something and it won't work the first time -i should just give up -but no not me -i ain't no quitter -i'll sit here and try it until my butt goes numb...

I tried to post pictures of some guns a while back -uploaded them to photobucket -right click every bit of the img. bring it here and wala =nothing.
If any other piece of equipment i own worked like a computer it would be sold down the road -but w/a computer well take a deep breath shake your head -turn it off and go do something else.

when i post pics from photo bucket i just normal click (left click) the img code and a box pops up saying copied. i go back to forum put curser in box, right click, and paste.
Image032.jpg

Mikebob ,

I just tried the single clicking the img !! Thanks you -learn something new everyday !!

I've been copying it by holding my browser down and waiting for it to run out a sentence length copy/paste..

It flicked copied small and quick but it worked.

I know that if you miss any little period at the beginning or end of the code it will not work.Although i know i didn't miss anything on previous tries and it would not bring a picture here for some reason.

DSCN0004.jpg

go to photo bucket and left click on the img code, a little box will pop up for about 3 seconds that says copied. Come back to forum reply box, right click and then select paste is how i do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.