turrets and Leica rangefinder binos

Northerner

I have a pair of the Leica Geovid rangefinder binos. They are nice glass and the rangefinder is very good. Instead of an angle correction these binos correct distance for angle as well as temp and pressure. I have been told that if I get a set of turrets for sea level and 68 degrees that I can set the that turret to the corrected number my binos give me and will be good for whatever temp and altitude I am at. Has anyone done this and did it work? I have turrets on my rifle now set to a 4500' and 40 degrees which is close for my regular hunt location, but when I go out of state I have found myself much colder and or higher in elevation. I have limited my shots to 500yd or less, so have not had to worry much about differences in temp or elevation. I think it will matter if I decide to shoot farther as my skills improve. I am working on a new load for my rifle now and that will require a new turret, so I am considering the sea level and 68 degree option, then set to what my binos tells me, but want to know if anyone has had good results with this at longer ranges say 500-800 yards? what about 1000?

Tagging in.
I have the Geovid R's(15x). I love them, but I didn't think that mine accounted for all of that, mine only do distance and angle (that I know of).

Tagging in.
I have the Geovid R's(15x). I love them, but I didn't think that mine accounted for all of that, mine only do distance and angle (that I know of).

According the guy at Leica I spoke with the corrected yardage number the binos give has corrected for angle, temp and pressure. I definitely get a different correction number than what my buddy's Swarovski rangdfinder binos give even though the line of sight numbers are the same or maybe a yard different. I am certain the Swaro's are angle only correction.

According the guy at Leica I spoke with the corrected yardage number the binos give has corrected for angle, temp and pressure. I definitely get a different correction number than what my buddy's Swarovski rangdfinder binos give even though the line of sight numbers are the same or maybe a yard different. I am certain the Swaro's are angle only correction.
Do you have the B or the R model. I believe the B (ballistic) model does all that you've been told (I just don't think my R's do).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.