Tubbs Speedlick system

midmo

I hope this is the correct place for my post. I have always "tinkered" anything I have ever had and I just can't help it. I have been looking into getting a tubbs speedlock pin system for my rem 700. I don't know anyone who has installed or even seen one before so I am asking you all is it a huge difference? Will I really notice how much faster it fires and notice how rifle has less time to move once the trigger is pulled by the groups down range? I hunt and punch paper with this rifle.

Dang autocorrect gets me every time.....speedlock to speedlick.......

Last edited:
Also can these pins be dry fired like the factory pins?

Yes...but ...no firing pin should be dropped without it impacting on something. Spent primer (1 maybe two dry fires) a manufactured or an effective DIY dummy round should be used.

Only experience with a speed lock idea was swapping an original military Mauser spring with one that was supposed to reduce lock time. It did and made a noticeable difference.

Any thing that reduces the time from thought to shot can't be a bad thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.