Trying to outshoot 7.62 X 39 with .223

It's a modern AR 180 chambered in 7.62X39 made by Kodiak Defense in Canada
trump fake news GIF

Just curious are you weighing and measuring the bullets with a comparator to make sure they're all the same? Ive seen large variations on bulk mil surp bullets which make it quite difficult for me to shoot .5 MOA unless the bullets are identical

Just curious are you weighing and measuring the bullets with a comparator to make sure they're all the same? Ive seen large variations on bulk mil surp bullets which make it quite difficult for me to shoot .5 MOA unless the bullets are identical
I only ever weigh the powder charges, it never occurred to me to weigh the bullets.

What's a WK181 rifle? Oh, it's Canadian.

If it's capable of a legitimate .5 MOA with surplus bullets, then that's quite extraordinary. It's common for pulled FMJs to not approach 2 MOA, no matter how many attempts are made.
I agree. I have a CZ 527 that will not shoot better than 2 1/2 MOA with the same ammo.
IMG_5908.JPG
IMG_5909.JPG

The cz is a very capable gun with the right ammo and a decent scope . None of which your using on either rifle. Ammo is usually decided by twist and you don't know what you have . Not to mention your shooting platform looks anything but stable for any kind of accuracy. Get some decent scopes not junk and figure out your twist then work on your shooting platform . As your rifle moves your accuracy goes to 💩 just a slight move in the rear of the gun will move your right to left.

The cz is a very capable gun with the right ammo and a decent scope . None of which your using on either rifle. Ammo is usually decided by twist and you don't know what you have . Not to mention your shooting platform looks anything but stable for any kind of accuracy. Get some decent scopes not junk and figure out your twist then work on your shooting platform . As your rifle moves your accuracy goes to 💩 just a slight move in the rear of the gun will move your right to left.

The CZ has a Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5 scope.
The ammo is the right ammo for a WK 181, but not for the CZ 527.
It's true that I don't know the twist rate of the barrels, but it makes no difference to me, it is what it is. I know that if the rifle moves so does the POA, that's why I aim it carefully :rolleyes:

The CZ has a Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5 scope.
The ammo is the right ammo for a WK 181, but not for the CZ 527.
It's true that I don't know the twist rate of the barrels, but it makes no difference to me, it is what it is. I know that if the rifle moves so does the POA, that's why I aim it carefully :rolleyes:
It has very little to do with aim and alot to do with good solid shooting fundamentals. You have no clue on twist are probably running bullets that are to light for it and don't have a suitable powder for the round your making yep it's the guns fault 100%. Not to mention the difference in scope magnification . The other appears to be of more magnification hence you can see the target better . You might be better off reading and learning a few things from members here for awhile . There are members here with some fine skills in reloading and shooting fundamentals. It never hurts to ask questions as there are no dumb questions it's what you do with the answer that determines your capacity to understand things .

Please explain how a rifle that shoot's 1 moa or less is faulty.
Definitely not worth the effort to explain. You post then 💩 on everyone that has expressed an opinion or offended an explanation to you . Hopefully you can it out one day . If not I'll be reading about it in the humor section again ( was some funny 😆 sh$$ for sure.)

Definitely not worth the effort to explain. You post then 💩 on everyone that has expressed an opinion or offended an explanation to you . Hopefully you can it out one day . If not I'll be reading about it in the humor section again ( was some funny 😆 sh$$ for sure.)
You can't explain, otherwise you would.