Trying to figure out exactly what I have

csheipe757

I recently bought a Savage Model 16 in .300 WSM. It's a stainless gun, there's multiple different models of stainless model 16/116, which I'm not sure if that's the same as a model 16. That's what it says on the barrel. I think it might be an older model because it doesn't have an Accu trigger. I'm new the rifle scene as far as high powered, long range goes. I'm really just figure what I have. Is this included the model 10 series? What kind of upgrades are there for this particular gun?

There are stocks triggers and bedding kits readily available at midway and several other places ,DIY is the easy and cheap way,stocks and McMillian drop in ready stocks are both good and triggers are pretty easy to swap out yourself, hope this helps good luck

Following is from SavageShooters.com. Should help clarify the model numbers:

Savage has basically divided up the types of rifles and given them their own series. 2 digit numbers are Short Actions and 3 digit numbers are long actions.

10/110 = Sporter (old designation, now 10/110 is designation for the Law Enforcement Series)
11/111 = Sporter (new designation)
12/112 = Varmint Series
14/114 = Classic Series (same as Sporter Series but High Luster Blue and Nicer Wood Stocks)
16/116 = Weather Warrior Series (SS Actions, barrels, and Synthetic Stocks)
25 & 40 = Lightweight Varmint Series (these are a totally different Action Setup)
Axis = Entry Sporter ( Different Action and Stocks, Sporter Style with DBM only)

All the letters after the Model # signify Stock, Barrel Profile, Muzzle Break, etc.

Example: 12FVSS = Model 12 Varmint Series, "F" = Syn. Stock "V"= Varmint Barrel "SS"= Stainless Steel Action and Barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.