What have I done?

@Wolf76 I have as well as a savage action with a good barrel chambered with the above reamer. Both of those are still options if the right deal fell in my lap.

The 300 wm using Rhian's reamer is a good choice. I had one built for my son and he's loving it. 100 % on mule deer, elk and a slew of African game using 215 Berger and H-1000. Barrel is a 5R 26" Bartlein 3B contour bedded in a Manners EH-1.

For the accuracy you are wanting, I would suggest using a proven long range smith to chamber and bed the rifle. A bit more expensive, but well worth it.
What he said, and that specific components list matched my last 300 WM exactly (and it was superbly accurate). Mine got full length straight fluting and was built off a Defiance Deviant Hunter (which was overkill, my current rifle is a worked-over 700 action with Proof barrel and stockys cf stock).

@sp6x6 I've been scouring the classifieds and will continue to do so for something that meets or exceeds my wants. Because we all know they aren't really needs. At least that's what those women we live with tell us.

Check out North Land Shooters Supply. He has the Big horn origin action, you could go with a criterion barrel, he has trigger tech triggers, head space gauges he has everything you need but the stock parts. Give that a try, or even call James up at NSS and talk to him about your build.

Some have said it, I dont know what your current reloading set up is but if you want to eek premium performance out of your premium rifle, build the cost of quality reloading and ammunition components into the budget as well.

There are alot of nice rifles for sale here on classified too,and most have a target to go with them

And....more that likely a load to go with that rifle and target; saves a lot of time and money. Getting the work done and then getting trigger time doesn't leave a whole lot of time between the build and the hunt??????????

That's a good starting budget but your challenge is finding a builder that can deliver ...

... let alone guarantee it. Most will do a 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.
sounds VERY ambitious doesn't it?
I've see and done lots of shooting with rifles costing way, way more than that, and in the hands of highly skilled shooters, and a HIGH percentage of them would be very proud to shoot 1/4" groups at a 100yds let alone @ 200-400 yds.
And, I would think that the really accurate shooting rifle would have a trued action and squared bolt face and so-on, all done by the same smith, not couple of different ones with possibly varying skill levels. Kinda scratch'n my head here! Ambitious indeed.

So after talking with a cousin of mine we came up with a brilliant idea.....2021 OTC Elk hunt. So of course we want to be ready and start preparations now because obviously we want, I mean NEED, new rifles for the occasion and want to have plenty of time behind the trigger beforehand and get our load workups done. For mine I am looking at putting together a 300 wm that will be chambered using @bigngreen specced reamer. For action I am considering the ARC Nucleus or the Bighorn Origin. As much as I would like and could justify a carbon barrel I think that is out of the cards for the moment seeing as we have a whole host of other gear we need to acquire before we make the pilgrimage. Barrel length will be somewhere right around 26" but I have yet to nail down a mfg or contour. My ultimate goal would be to be under 10lbs with optic and have a 1/4" Moa at 200-400 yards capable rifle. With the lead time on a lot of the bits and pieces I am looking to start acquiring parts here pretty quickly. As far as chambering goes I do have a friend that is local to me that builds custom target 22 rifles and has a full machine shop setup for this purpose. Him and I have tossed around the idea of doing the chambering ourselves but that is definitely not set in stone. This will be my first custom/semi-custom rifle so any insight, recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated.
It's not custom but just under $2500 is a Browning Xbolt Hells Canyon in 28 Nosler with a Vortex 5X25X50 . I have this set up and used it to shoot my Moose this year at 401 yards. Only took 4 5 steps and was down. I've also shot milk jugs at 1250 yards. Just my 2 cents

As I was told when I was 8 years old buying my first pair of needle nose pliers. My father who was a diesel mechanic his whole life. You get where this is going. He said son. Look at what you're doing. Decide what you need and then buy that. Buy once. Cry once. Make sure it's a good cry. Because usually buying two or three times as much more expensive. And if you buy it right the first time, you won't be buying it again. After a lot of things my dad didn't do in my life. But he had words of wisdom that I still hear and see today!