True Bore Alignment System

Jsaum

Who uses one of the true bore alignment systems? The hamberi g and threading makes great sense as does blue printing the remingtons. What doesn't make good sense is how this would work on a muzzle crown. Perhaps on a barrel that is straight but most have some taper and the jaws would only grab by a very small point unless you make a sleeve with the correct taper internally and straight on the OD with a split for compression. My other issue is my lathe I have is 28 inches through the spindle bore so I can't run a spider from the back of the headstock. Thoughts?

unless you make a sleeve with the correct taper internally and straight on the OD with a split for compression
Exactly. Or, shims of correct thickness. Covered in the manual, download right from the website.

You could also make or buy a blueprinting jig (like Pastor's)- used more for receivers and bolts but they can also be used for short barrels.

Taper-bored "extensions" over the muzzle long enough to reach an outboard spider also work.
I was thinking about integrating an NPT fitting at the end of the thick, threaded tube- and tap the muzzle end of a shorty for it.
This would allow me to use the chamber flush system, and add the length needed to reach the outboard spider. Even though I have a short headstock lathe, anything under 20" causes me the same issues as a typical length barrel on a long-headstock machine.

I've read where some simply make bushings that ride inside their spindles and slip over barrel OD, but I'm not clear on how you'd be able to accurately dial in the chamber with that method. Lots of ways to skin that cat, like most operations we do.

Exactly. Or, shims of correct thickness. Covered in the manual, download right from the website.

You could also make or buy a blueprinting jig (like Pastor's)- used more for receivers and bolts but they can also be used for short barrels.

Taper-bored "extensions" over the muzzle long enough to reach an outboard spider also work.
I was thinking about integrating an NPT fitting at the end of the thick, threaded tube- and tap the muzzle end of a shorty for it.
This would allow me to use the chamber flush system, and add the length needed to reach the outboard spider. Even though I have a short headstock lathe, anything under 20" causes me the same issues as a typical length barrel on a long-headstock machine.

I've read where some simply make bushings that ride inside their spindles and slip over barrel OD, but I'm not clear on how you'd be able to accurately dial in the chamber with that method. Lots of ways to skin that cat, like most operations we do.
I'm not familiar with the blueprinting jig from Pastor. Any way to point me in that direction?