Truck gun

22 mag pistols have always hurt my ears. It's not so much how loud they are, but the tone, I guess. It's like compressed air being shot in my ears , if I were to try and describe it. Regardless, 30 rounds of 22 mag makes for a nasty little pistol !
We had an old Grendel 22mag in the store once that held a big stack of rounds . Similar pistols ? I almost picked it up, but didn't know enough about it to take a chance.

I just bought a Remington 783 in 243 for just this purpose. I wanted a tractor/truck gun that I can keep with me and not worry about getting scratched and scraped up and not have to take a nice rifle with me.

I really like the 375 cal have dreamed about a 375WSM for years even played with a few 300 WSM cases inserting 375 cal bullets into them when the 300WSM was first introduced. I feel it would be optimum for North American game/hunting especially in an AR platform. I currently shoot 14" and 21" barreled T/C Contenders in 375JDJ, 22" barreled Prohunter in 375H&H and 21" barreled Rem 700 LSS in 375RUM. I also shoot several 45-70 rifles a 458WSM in an AR or even a bolt rifle would also be super cool for bear defense unfortunately living in British Columbia, Canada our Canadian firearms laws prohibit us from taking AR rifles into the bush currently can only take them to a gun club and soon under the virtue signally spawn of Fidel Castro Prime Minister Justin Trudeau we will be facing New Zealand gun restrictions. With all that said my current truck gun now that hunting season is over for the year and bears are snuggled in their dens is my 22" factory tapered/fluted Rem 700 LTR in 6.8SPC it sits in a Magpul Hunter 700 OD green stock I use MDT 5 round metal mag that I tweaked the mag lips on hold 5 6.8 and their ten round 223 plastic mags they hold eight 6.8 rounds I use this combo for coyote, wolf and cougar hunting.

Truck gun? Well, my Marlins have served me well for just that type of need. Marlin 444's
Marlin .444 -1.jpg
Marlin model 444 1 in .444 Remington.jpg

Depending on the intended end purpose. I have 2 words PORK SWORD.

Blackcollararms.com
Its a legal bolt action pistol. Yeah it's a thing.

I really like the 375 cal have dreamed about a 375WSM for years even played with a few 300 WSM cases inserting 375 cal bullets into them when the 300WSM was first introduced. I feel it would be optimum for North American game/hunting especially in an AR platform. I currently shoot 14" and 21" barreled T/C Contenders in 375JDJ, 22" barreled Prohunter in 375H&H and 21" barreled Rem 700 LSS in 375RUM. I also shoot several 45-70 rifles a 458WSM in an AR or even a bolt rifle would also be super cool for bear defense unfortunately living in British Columbia, Canada our Canadian firearms laws prohibit us from taking AR rifles into the bush currently can only take them to a gun club and soon under the virtue signally spawn of Fidel Castro Prime Minister Justin Trudeau we will be facing New Zealand gun restrictions. With all that said my current truck gun now that hunting season is over for the year and bears are snuggled in their dens is my 22" factory tapered/fluted Rem 700 LTR in 6.8SPC it sits in a Magpul Hunter 700 OD green stock I use MDT 5 round metal mag that I tweaked the mag lips on hold 5 6.8 and their ten round 223 plastic mags they hold eight 6.8 rounds I use this combo for coyote, wolf and cougar hunting.
Kak industry.com has complete uppers for a 300wsm and they used to do a 375wsm. I'm ordering one and then having PacNor rechamber to 375wsm with a polygonal twist. They do a 19-22" barrel. Already have the dies, brass and some load data for it.

If you were to build as short compact rifle what would you build?

Thinking a 6.5/308
14.5" barrel plus a pinned brake
Bartlien 5R 1-8 for 6.5 and 1-9 for 308
Manner folding or the collapsible stock
Brake APA (laughs) C.H.O.D.E
Trigger Tech trigger
1-6 Vortex Razor/2.5-10x32 NSX
With other odds and in but that's the gest of it

My truck gun is an 18" barreled .243 pushing 95gr Berger's. Handy and lightweight with an old scratched leupold on it.

My truck gun is for incidental contact with coyotes, woodchucks, rabbits, whistle pigs, etc. The hunting rifles for deer on up start at 6.5 in my safe.

This is my do everything motorcycle/SUV carbine over the last couple of years yes this is a legal in Canada configuration 14" SSK Ind barreled T/C Contender carbine in 338JDJ #2 loads are 180gr Accubonds @ 2500fps or 220gr SST's @ 2350fps I've shot 2 deer with it since I put it together in summer of 2018 and shoot the heads off grouse at 80 yards. Scope is Leupold Compact VX2 2-7x28mm rings are PRW's OAL of this carbine is 28".
338JDJ #2 Sept 2019 grouse.JPG

Kak industry.com has complete uppers for a 300wsm and they used to do a 375wsm. I'm ordering one and then having PacNor rechamber to 375wsm with a polygonal twist. They do a 19-22" barrel. Already have the dies, brass and some load data for it.

There are many reasons why we do not sell uppers to the public. Keep that in mind and please do additional research. Please proceed in your route with caution.

Like the gentleman said earlier, I also heard PACNOR had a fire.

I've bought several complete uppers and all ran fine. They were nothing exotic unless you consider 7.62X39 or .40 S&W to be exotic. The more esoteric the chamber, the more research I'd do.

The very nice lady that I dealt with in getting mt action back from Pac-Nor also told me that they will return. At the time it was all so fresh that they did not have a timeline. I imagine that they do have one now.