most useful truck trailer camper combo

Why don't you rent a nice 4 season pusher RV and pull one trailer?

I hunt around Boardman and Travis City and the weather sure can change in a hurry. A 24' pusher can handle a lot of snow and should be a good tow vehicle.

Why don't you rent a nice 4 season pusher RV and pull one trailer?

I hunt around Boardman and Travis City and the weather sure can change in a hurry. A 24' pusher can handle a lot of snow and should be a good tow vehicle.
i have seriously thought about that, sent a message on a rv close to me 3 days ago. the only downside is having to pay for one or rent one when i have a very capable f350 diesel pusher. if i buy another vehicle, there could be trouble from the female that glares at me when i leave to go hunting.

Where I go you can only run a ATV or SXS first thing in the morning before legal hunt time and last thing in the evening. No running them during the day.

Where I go you can only run a ATV or SXS first thing in the morning before legal hunt time and last thing in the evening. No running them during the day.
wow, that wouldn't happen around here, although it should. the sxs's are EVERYWHERE, it's like no one even has a truck anymore. sounds like a great place to hunt

trailer is unique, never seen one like it
The idea behind me having it built was to keep gas, propane and water jugs in the open bed during transport and storage when the tonneau cover is on it. Keeps hunting gear and cloths free of odors associated with a couple of those liquids. Didn't matter that the quad or SxS is exposed to the elements while transporting but wanted those other things outside the enclosed area of the trailer all the time.

What about an Alpenlite SUTC 1180 ? ( they are rare unicorns though) It's a truck camper that has a back door/ramps to allow an atv to be carried inside-- then you could take a trailer with your hunting truck rig on it too

Some claim it would fit 2 atv's ( probably smaller ones)

Screenshot_20221109-065959_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
wow, that wouldn't happen around here, although it should. the sxs's are EVERYWHERE, it's like no one even has a truck anymore. sounds like a great place to hunt
I think it is some kind of State Preserve between Travers City and S. Boardman. Got a 10pt WT last time I was there and we had a Moose walk through Camp.

What about a couple dirtbikes or electric bikes in place of the 4Wheeler or SxS?

Something I've seen done (and that you mention in your first post) is the truck camper put on a gooseneck flatbed trailer. You'd get more ground clearance and as much payload as you could wish for, as well as having an otherwise very useful trailer when not rigged up for your hunting trip.

Last edited:
What about an Alpenlite SUTC 1180 ? ( they are rare unicorns though) It's a truck camper that has a back door/ramps to allow an atv to be carried inside-- then you could take a trailer with your hunting truck rig on it too

Some claim it would fit 2 atv's ( probably smaller ones)

View attachment 408368
that is crazy! i have never heard of that. there is no way 2 atvs would fit in a truck camper. i don't know if that is my road

guess my first question would be, where are you hunting (state) and what for?

What about a couple dirtbikes or electric bikes in place of the 4Wheeler or SxS?

Something I've seen done (and that you mention in your first post) is the truck camper put on a gooseneck flatbed trailer. You'd get more ground clearance and as much payload as you could wish for, as well as having an otherwise very useful trailer when not rigged up for your hunting trip.
i did the dirtbike thing from 1979 thru 2008 ish. first my 1983 xl600, then my 1986 xl250. those days are gone. electric bikes are interesting but would only by an occasional tool.

when i saw that gooseneck set up, that is what got me thinking. i have a 28ft+4 ramp gooseneck for my backhoe, but it is not quite long enough for camper and 4runner.

that is crazy! i have never heard of that. there is no way 2 atvs would fit in a truck camper. i don't know if that is my road
I said 2 smaller atvs-- the recon honda 250s are only 6 feet long-- so of you jad a 12.5'-13' floor space you could fit 2

From my understanding the interior width for "toys is 48" wide--- so you'd have to watch the dimensions on your atv--- some of the new "monster" size atvs definitely would fit.
Here are a couple more pics--- they were only made in 2008, then I read an article about them being "re-released" in 2020-- but I gavent seen any new ones --covid may have messed up the production run

Screenshot_20221109-124014_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221109-124130_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Iirc, arctic fox or lance also used to make a similar one with a more narrow rear door for dirt bikes -- but it was too narrow for an atv

There are pop up trailer with front toy hauler decks-- you might be able to pull doubles if you downsized to one of those.

Maybe you need to design something--- it might be "the next best thing" in rv's !!

i did the dirtbike thing from 1979 thru 2008 ish. first my 1983 xl600, then my 1986 xl250. those days are gone. electric bikes are interesting but would only by an occasional tool.

when i saw that gooseneck set up, that is what got me thinking. i have a 28ft+4 ramp gooseneck for my backhoe, but it is not quite long enough for camper and 4runner.
Gotcha
I've always wanted a Hodges Custom Hauler
SUV and ATV on truck bed, bumper pull a camper trailer?