Trijicon 10 mile tracking test today

Ok, I definitely missed your intent.
That being said I've tested some pretty low end scopes. even an Athlon Argos had under 1% of error.
Agreed i also have tested high end scopes with larger error.
A person can find out their error put it in the vertical sight scale factor in a Ballistic program that will correct for the scopes error so they can continue to use it.

In a perfect world with a LabRadar velocity ,custom drag curve, perfect sight height, perfect zero range, correct station pressure, temperature / altitude, crosswind value for ADJ, vertical deflection compass direction and angle the rifle should track perfectly some people find out that their ballistics are off a little bit further they get out and a lot of times it's because their scopes not tracking and or they don't have the correction error for their scope and a ballistic profile

Last edited:
"dialed 25 Moa which means expected point of impact or reticle movement is 26.262 actual point of impact reticle movement was 26.1875"

Help me understand... I'm the slow one.
I get the dialed 25Moa. But I am not understanding how you are determining the 26.262?
Yards 100.33 x moa dialed 25 x moa factor .01047=26.2613775

Attachments

• 382851FE-91C7-4B82-A7B0-95BFCBF37C31.jpeg
    382851FE-91C7-4B82-A7B0-95BFCBF37C31.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 158
I wasn't trying to nit pick. Was just trying to follow and understand the information being presented. And I was getting lost because the numbers being presented weren't matching the info from Post #1.

A person can find out their error put it in the vertical sight scale factor in a Ballistic program that will correct for the scopes error so they can continue to use it.
I wonder how much tracking error those high end manufacturers will allow before they declare it an issue and will do something about it?

Would I need to apply this above if using a Sig 2400abs with a custom Drop Scale entered? Wouldn't that custom drop scale be doing the math for me essentially? Thanks
This math is a calculation for error in the tracking, if your scope doesn't track well you need to enter the correction factor into your ballistic calculator and the solution will have the correction built in. I'm not familiar with the Sig 2400 ABS if you do it right on the unit it may not have a spot for that input, if you do it on an app it should

This math is a calculation for error in the tracking, if your scope doesn't track well you need to enter the correction factor into your ballistic calculator and the solution will have the correction built in. I'm not familiar with the Sig 2400 ABS if you do it right on the unit it may not have a spot for that input, if you do it on an app it should
There is no correction factor on my SIG app or unit? Maybe need to change range finder that has capability?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-13 at 11.38.18 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-13 at 11.38.18 AM.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
There is no correction factor on app or unit. I understand if the scope isn't tracking dead on, Hence the custom drop scale to match the bullet travel?
The custom drop scale is to match the actual trajectory of your bullet to a ballistic curve vs a generalization that the manufacturer came up with.
If you are using AB there should be an input for it.
If not you can usually manually set your click value so you have to find out your % correction. In the example above he has roughly a .3% correction. so .250 x 1.003= .25075 so could round to .251 or just leave at .250.

In a perfect world with a LabRadar velocity ,custom drag curve, perfect sight height, perfect zero range, correct station pressure, temperature / altitude, crosswind value for ADJ, vertical deflection compass direction and angle the rifle should track perfectly some people find out that their ballistics are off a little bit further they get out and a lot of times it's because their scopes not tracking and or they don't have the correction error for their scope and a ballistic profile
I learned this the hard way a few years back when I was taking a 2 day shooting class. It wasn't until I started shooting 800-1060 yards that the error became really noticeable. I was consistently high at those ranges with a very stable and trusted handload. So, my instructor pulled out a tall target and ran the scope through it's paces. It turned out to be a 6% error on a new Zeiss V6 scope. We adjusted for the error, just like you did in the earlier post, and everything was now on target.
Zeiss was good about taking care of this. I called, they had me send in the scope, and 3 weeks later a brand new scope arrived. When tested, this one was dead on.

Will they be repeatable? How do the internals compare to others?

Will they be repeatable? How do the internals compare to others?
I've heard really good things about these scopes.

I've watched that Litz video but can't remember what he says.
When I'm doing tall target test I do it 3 times in a row, there can be shooter induced error just like anything so average your results.

Not everyone has to max out their scope but I would recommend going a bit past the max amount of elevation you intend to use. I shoot ELR and can end up at max dial so I go all the way this can mean coming into 50 yards because it's a PITA to set up a 3 meter tall target