James Eagleman tests the Athlon Cronus scope, tall target test and compared to NFNX8 and Trijicon 10 mile.

Barbourcreek

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
James Eagleman tests the Athlon Cronus scope, tall target test and compared to NFNX8 and Trijicon 10 mile.

correction factor tool

Thanks for another great review James! I just picked up a cronus and tenmile myself, cant wait to compare them. I heard nothing but great things about both of them.

My son & i run athlon on everything. On our PRCs using the Ares btr 4.5x27x50. Did the tracking test with them. Both were in the high 98s if i remember right.
Bought my wife the 10x50 Midas bino, clearest glass I've ever looked thru, especially for under $500!

correction factor tool

Thanks for the review James. Looking forward to final review. Any reason you don't use a resolution target to compare optics so the clarity and resolution can be compared on a quantifiable scale (would be great if you can incorporate in the low-light testing you mentioned).

Interested to see how it holds up ,
im a nightforce user NSX for the most part .
scopes are older and have lots of use and still hold zero and come up correctly . Most are hunting rifles ( not a ton of use )
one on a practice rifle that i shoot alot , no issues with turrets ,3rd barrel on this rifle under this same scope .
i have just one NX8 on a prairie dog rifle , so at one yr old not a ton of use yet but we shall see at the end of bbl life what it tracks like.
i like a bargain on anything ,but, not my equipment !
everytime i have saved money on shooting equipment it has ended in disappointment . Not everyones requirements or uses demand the best equipment , so buying within ones uses or expectations is the key to happy spending or saving .

Absolutely Awesome and thank you for your time and resources. Have you tested the Arkens yet?
Hey Butterball. Earlier this week I posted about an alternative 7mm bullet to the ones the OP posted. It was late in the thread, no harm was meant. Then you jumped my case about hijacking the thread.

So I came here wanting to learn about Athlon, Nightforce and Tenmile scopes. Next thing I know you start posting about Arken scopes. Please don't hijack threads. It seems hypocritical of you.

Oh spell check got me! I meant butterbean!