Triggers..?

Sully2

Some tell me a Jewell is the only way and yet I see MANY on this BB saying they are upgrading ( from stock) and installing a Timney trigger...??? Whats gives? Which is really the better???

Either is an upgrade from stock. Timneys are good but a Jewell is a thing of beauty to behold. Some say they worry that jewells are more prone to failure from getting dirty but I've never had that problem so I keep running them.

Easy question, I have rifles with both. The Timney is good, the Jewel is better. The Timney is about $100 cheaper than the Jewel which is not a consideration in my mind on a custom rifle that you already have thousands in.

I have heard good things about the Timney Calvin Elite but have not tried one.

I have one rifle with the new Triggertech trigger......kinda disappointing.:rolleyes:

JM2C

I've used both. When they're working the Jewell is, IMO, a superior trigger. But when they're not working Timney fixes or replaces it without charge. I've had to pay for repairs from Jewell. IMO, there isn't enough superiority in the performance of the Jewell to make it worth the added investment under those circumstances.

You can get a jewel in single or two stage.

Well now looking and cant find one..... I would swear I have seen both but maybe I am wrong? I still like my Timney CE

The two stage one is only for AR's, all the bolt action models are single stage

Depends on what a guy expects, I guess. If you think you're a 'sniper' you'll need a Jewel on everything. If you're just looking for something better than the crappy factory trigger that came on the rifle there are a lot of choices. There are those with thin levers and those with wide levers, it all depends on what you prefer. Each maker has their own idea in their design. Funny I haven't seen anyone mention the Shilen Std. trigger. I see where they're available with the safety, now. If the average shooter, who'll not be engaging a target beyond 500yds (and that's a long shot for most) a crips trigger with a 2 1/2-3lb pull should fit the bill. If you can't 'deal' with that, it's probably not the triggers' fault. About any of the aftermarket triggers are a marked improvement over what the factories supply. After 20+ yrs in the business I've seen about all the aftermaket triggers available, and that's what it boils down to,, personal preference and how far into your pocket you want to reach.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.