Trigger Tech triggers....Primary vs Special vs Diamond??

Colin78

Im in the process of having a custom rifle built and curious about the different trigger tech triggers. The Primary is the standard trigger my smith uses and I can upgrade to the Special for $55 and the Diamond for $140. Anyone have experience with these? Would I be wise to upgrade to one of these others, is so which one and why?

Depends on use of rifle. Primary is general best all around hunting adjustable from 1.5 to 4lbs, Special better for long range varmint hunting 1 to 3.5lbs, Diamond more for competition target shooting 4 to 32oz (1/4 to 2lbs)..

Spend the 55$ and get the special. My next is a diamond, will run it at 2# because it's a hunting rifle, even though it's max for that model.

I've got them all. I won't badmouth any of them, but you will get your extra 55 bucks worth with the Special. I run a Diamond on my FTR rifle.

I have a diamond and a special. For a hunting rifle I would also do a special. The diamond is amazing and worth the money, however I wouldn't spend the extra to stick it in a dedicated hunting rifle.

I can't wait to get our TT's back. I have a trigger tech diamond at the smith for a new build sitting on a kelbly atlas tac action. I got to handle it and dryfire a bunch before sending it off and from just that it has become my favourite trigger. The rifle should be back soon so I'll get some good trigger time behind it and can't wait. My brother has a trigger tech primary coming Friday to drop in his remington 700 which will be nice. I have 2 jewels, 1 timney and the tt diamond. Will be nice to see how the primary feels in comparison to the timney. Next will be a special for the last remington sitting in the safe!!

What trigger shape should one get on the diamond? They have two curved and one flat.

That is all matter of opinion on what you like. I went pro curved which is a skinnier curved trigger and feels more similar to the jewel trigger shoe. The traditional curved is a wider trigger shoe I believe and has texture (vertical lines) and feels more like the timney or standard remington trigger shoe size. And then flat is obviously a flat trigger. I prefer a curved, and more specific a skinnier curve like the pro curve or jewel trigger shoe.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.