Trigger tech primary trigger

Kmccord

I am looking into upgrading my Bergara B14 HMR factory trigger to a Trigger Tech Primary. I have only one custom trigger and that being a Jewell on my 28 Nosler, I wanted to hear what others think about TT Primary trigger, is it crisp, can you adjust it down to 1.5lbs and still be safe? My Jewell is down to 1.5lbs and never had an issue, but since the TT Primary lowest setting is 1.5, just curious if that is accurate and safe. The Bergara trigger breaks at 2.5lbs consistently using my Wheeler guage.

I have 3 Triggertech Primary's and we use a lot of them at Pierce. They're amazing triggers and in my opinion the best trigger you can buy for a hunting rifle. All of mine I have been able to adjust down to the lowest setting and still be safe and reliable. They all have zero creep, minimal over travel, and have been consistent.

I have a CA Mesa LR with the TT Primary. Trigger is crisp, 0 creep. My only complaint is it wont adjust below 2lbs 4 oz. Measured with my Wheeler digital. Have heard the same about the "special" They feel great, but I prefer a 1 lb trigger. Going to try a BnA Dakota. Have jewell as well. My .02

I have 3 Triggertech Primary's and we use a lot of them at Pierce. They're amazing triggers and in my opinion the best trigger you can buy for a hunting rifle. All of mine I have been able to adjust down to the lowest setting and still be safe and reliable. They all have zero creep, minimal over travel, and have been consistent.
Jud96, how low can you adjust the trigger, will it reach 1.5lbs?

I have a CA Mesa LR with the TT Primary. Trigger is crisp, 0 creep. My only complaint is it wont adjust below 2lbs 4 oz. Measured with my Wheeler digital. Have heard the same about the "special" They feel great, but I prefer a 1 lb trigger. Going to try a BnA Dakota. Have jewell as well. My .02
The Bergara factory trigger breaks at 2.5lbs, I wanted to get down to 1.5lbs, but if all I can get is 2.4oz, I cannot see spending money to get down 4oz less than where I am currently sitting.

The Bergara factory trigger breaks at 2.5lbs, I wanted to get down to 1.5lbs, but if all I can get is 2.4oz, I cannot see spending money to get down 4oz less than where I am currently sitting.
Exactly. Thats why Im switching mine out. Great trigger other than that. I have read that some of the members couldnt get the "special" below 1.5 as well. YMMV

I am looking into upgrading my Bergara B14 HMR factory trigger to a Trigger Tech Primary. I have only one custom trigger and that being a Jewell on my 28 Nosler, I wanted to hear what others think about TT Primary trigger, is it crisp, can you adjust it down to 1.5lbs and still be safe? My Jewell is down to 1.5lbs and never had an issue, but since the TT Primary lowest setting is 1.5, just curious if that is accurate and safe. The Bergara trigger breaks at 2.5lbs consistently using my Wheeler guage.
I tested trigger tech primary and Jewel on both Rem 700 stock actions and full blown custom 700 footprint actions. I can't remember the details but the trigger tech gave the Jewel a run for its money on stock actions. The Jewel was set at 15 ounces and was just slightly more consistent on the stock actions. On custom actions the Jewell and Trigger tech were equal to each other on scale consistency. The TT was smoother feeling but Jewel was definitely a lighter trigger pull under finger pressure. Both were flawless to bump firing on lowest setting from 6" off the floor with good recoil pads but don't ever count on it. Now for some reason on a Curtis Axiom action I couldn't run a TT primary on it but the Jewel functioned fine. Hope this helps.

Wouldn't the Jewell feel.lighter set at 15ozs since the primary will only go down to 1.5lbs

Took the TT Primary out, and replaced it with a Bix`n Andy Dakota. I like it as well as my Jewell`s. Set at 1#
As stated above could not get My TT Primary below 2lbs 4oz, even with the adjusting screw taken all the way out. YMMV