Trends

When there was no industry under Obama, The firearm industry was thriving. The internet and dreams of being a hunter/marksman have inserted billions of dollars into our economy. Im still a fool for the newest latest gadget. I make most of my own most of the time but we are all victims or recipients of this strategy.

I feel your pain I let someone talk me into a 28 nolser when I wanted a 280AI so I will work up a load put the kicking s__ in the safe and let the kids worry about it when I'm gone
Is it braked? Mine is worlds nicer than the edge or ultras

I had it threaded for my can but when it came in they told me the can I have wouldn't hold up long under the pressure so now he is making me a brake should have it soon
Also waiting on a bigger can to come in

Last edited:
As a teenager in the 60's, Elgin Gates was in all the hunting magazines at the time. His choice of rifle was a Wheaterby 300, so I had to have one. I bought a used rifle from a salesman from Miami, I grew up in Key West, FL, for $100. I didn't know anything about guns at the time, I just had to have one. In the Keys, shooting a firearm is not permitted. Back then, twenty rounds of ammo was $11, so shooting the rifle was cheap. Still have the rifle. Yes, today's marketing makes all the new fangled rifles sound like must have guns.

Had a younger guy tell me... He's gettn' a "Weatherby-Ultra mag". I said wow....Neat.

Really though marketing has to pander to the gullible or under educated to manufacture hype (sales). many people have superior calibers to the trendy new name rifle in their gun collections already but still have to get that Creedmoor or....

I for one would NEVER buy any rifle that shoots a propitiatory cartridge!
That's ridiculous to get locked in to 4 bucks a round! I don't care what they claim!
Remember they are Selling rifles and products and are after your money.
A deer doesn't care if it's a 300 Whippersnapper or a plain old 300WM!
Dead is Dead...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.