Tremor3 on 6.5-300wby or other fast calibers. Worth it?

BCC72

Hi all,

I have a Weatherby Backcountry 2.0 Ti 6.5-300wby. It currently wears a Steiner Predator 8 3-24x50 which is excellent glass and tracks well, but I'm not really a fan of the E3 reticle. I have other rifles the Steiner can live on.

Recently I acquired a Leupold Mk5HD 3-18x44 with the Tremor3 that I haven't used yet. I've got the app and done the wind dot and drop calibration for most of the calibers I shoot to study the reticle and its usefulness. I like the idea of the reticle for certain hunting scenarios.

Predominantly, I'm a dialer. Always have been for longer range situations but the idea of this reticle is pretty cool and I can see how it could be an advantage in some scenarios (obviously I could still dial).

I was considering trying it on the 6.5-300wby but I'm wondering if that style of reticle is really wasted on such a flat shooting caliber at reasonable hunting ranges (sub 600yds)?
My 6.5-300 zeroed at 200 only drops 2.3mils at 600yds with 130gr Sciroccos (chrono 3310fps, a little faster when warmer). I would change to a 100Z with the Tremor3 but that's still only 2.6mils at 600yds.
Anyone shooting fast calibers (3000fps+) with the Tremor3?

I was also considering putting the Mk5 on a 338RPM as I think the reticle / wind dots would be more beneficial for non-magnum calibers if intending to use holdovers.
I do have two rifles in 338RPM. One is a Backcountry 2.0 with a Zeiss V6 3-18x50 with the simple Plex reticle and the other is a Backcountry 2.0 Ti with a 1-6x24 VX6HD just with the duplex.
They shoot exactly the same, one isn't better than the other after testing with the same scope. If I moved the Mk5 onto the Ti, it would weigh the same as the standard BC 2.0 with the Zeiss. no gains weight wise. I would just take the Zeiss off the Standard 2.0 and put the 1-6x24 on it instead.

Trying not to waste a bunch of ammo / bullets / powder etc.

Sorry for the long winded question = Tremor3 with fast 3000fps+ calibers worth it?