Traveling with rifles?

mcc308

So when you guy's are traveling with rifles. Do bring them in hotels for the night or do you leave them in your pick up or car?

So when you guy's are traveling with rifles. Do bring them in hotels for the night or do you leave them in your pick up or car?

Even though I have the Truck Vault drawers and the cap having a separate alarm powered by secondary battery, weapons still follow me In the hotel.

20221010_163016.jpg

I always have and did again last night.
I haven't traveled with long guns in a while.
Just wondering with the anti-gun climate recently if anyone has had any issues bringing them into a hotel?

I couldn't sleep a wink if i left it in the truck.
We've never had a problem with this. Even if we did, we would be leaving and finding another hotel. If they wouldn't give us our money back, then that would be fine. We'd donate $200 and never stay there again, rather than donate equipment that is well beyond the $200.

Archery equipment is the same way. We never leave hunting gear in a vehicle. It's bad enough to have out of county/State tags and then broadcast to everyone that we have a bunch of stuff in our vehicle. The extra hour it takes to unload and reload in the am is completely fine with us. Although, we do give ourselves extra time on a trip that is built around travel.

I always have and did again last night.
I haven't traveled with long guns in a while.
Just wondering with the anti-gun climate recently if anyone has had any issues bringing them into a hotel?

I couldn't sleep a wink if i left it in the truck.

After the Las Vegas shooting, I make it a point to tell the desk clerk that I am bringing in cased firearms to avoid theft in their parking lot. This way you don't run the risk of having a nutty clerk call out the National Guard while you're in the shower. I haven't had an issue so far.

Pros will steal the whole truck

Thank you.

I've been thinking about that considering how many Tacos there are out there, they must be good candidates for chop shops.

Back in the 80s when my daily driver was an 11 second vette, I wired the fuel pump through a 10 amp contact octal relay. Where ever I parked it outside work and garage, the relay goes into my pocket. If they want the car, they just gonna have to tow it. It could happen, but hot wiring it, it ain't gonna happen that easily.

Last edited: