Trail Cameras

Jammer1

I have been looking into buying a trail camera but with the insane number of manufacturers and models out there, I have no idea where to begin. I dont have unlimited funds but I dont like buying cheap junk either. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Jammer

I have been using a Primos 46 since December and haven't had any problems with it. Shortly after getting mine I went the rechargeable battery route. Four D alkaline batteries only seem to last about a week but that can vary a little based on how you have it set up and temperature.
I bought 8 rechargeables (about $40) from Wal-mart and a charger (another $20) and that definately has saved me money. I keep four charged at all times. A couple SD cards is a good idea also. I check mine almost daily.
Since December 28th my trail cam has taken over 23,119 pictures.

JohnnyK.

Depends on what you are looking for I run 2 strobe flash moultries (5MP) for hogs at night and then I have a Wildgame inovations 8MP IR at the deer feeder. The strobe's run on 6 D's and last about 2 months before changing them out and the IR takes 4 C's and I have not changed it for 2 months and its going strong.

The one thing I would watch for on the IR cams is to read the reviews on them. Several brands will take images when temp is over 90 degrees. All of mine have been great here in TX (73 days of 100+) and no phantom pics.

Attachments

• WGI_0146.jpg
    WGI_0146.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 84
  • MDGC0027.jpg
    MDGC0027.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I have the stealthcam, its a little pricy but one of the best that i have used. Another great camera for the price is the wildview game cam 5.0 mp. I have about 15 cameras i use the expensive ones on my land and the others for places they might get stolen.

i have had to wildviews for 3 years and they still take good pictures, but however the battery life is only about a week maybe two depending on temp and how many pictures and they take c batteries. I bought two of the Bushnell Trophy cams this year. They take 8 AA batteries. They been running for 3 months with over 500 pictures on each and still have not replaced the batteries. The picture seems to be of good quality also day or night. I am very happy with the trophy cams. and you can pick them up for around 140.00 off of ebay. i got lucky and got 2 new ones for 126.oo each.

I bought the stealth cam a little while ago, it takes six batteries and lasts for about 4-5 weeks. This camera is a little pricy (140.00) but well worth it if you want one that is cheaper but still decent quality is the wildview 5.0 in camo (69.00) i have a few of them And very pleased. The only thing is the battery life which is about one to two weeks depending on how many pictures are taken. But both cameras are very good, just how much you want to spend.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.