trading on a new gun

drslyr

Hey ya'll,need some advice.I own a lefty browning a-bolt in 7mm weatherby,it has had bedding and action work,26 inch tube with no boss,maybe 40 rounds down the pipe.The sad thing is that is a sur nuff tack driver(3 shot groups inside a inch at 200yds)and I don't want to get rid of it,but I want a new rifle and on a budget.I was thinking on trading it for a savage10fp with a 20inch barrel,what do you guys think

I thinks you need to sleep on it. The gun shoots inside a inch at 200 and you want to get rid of it?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Don't do it, you'll be sorry!

Eddie Fosnaugh

I really don't want to but,shooting aroun the eastern shore of maryland is becomin somewhat of a chore due to the amount of housing developments popping up,and shooting that cannon is like takin a chance.I would like to keep that gun,but get one for deer/ground hogs out to 300-400 yards,I really like the savge sniper,it looks tough with that 20incher on it

Any centerfire rifle is going to be able to send a bullet a hell of a long way if you careless or something bad happens (accidents do happen) so I woulden't be overly concrened about your caliber choice.

Hell I'm a beliver that more guns is better.

I think I'm going to keep the A-bolt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.I am thinkin on gettin a savage 10fp with the 20inch barrel,and probably get a bushnell 3200 10x for the top,then I'm goin to watch these darn crop eatin critters react to 168grain a-max's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.