Torque values for Tikka T3 action to stock bolts?

Snake Plysken1

Did a search on the web, and there were too many different numbers being thrown around to create doubt. I'm remounting my action and barrel to the factory stock, with new bolts from MT. I've got an email inquiry on this request, but they're understandably busy, and I have not received a reply yet. In the meantime, does anyone know for sure? The web put out numbers like 40lbs inch for the rear, and 35lbs inch for the front, but those were just close guestimations.
I'd appreciate it, and thank you
SP1

When doing my factory stock if I went above 33 inch pounds it flexed the plastic trigger guard and would bind the magazine. Experiment until the mag binds then back it out a little is what I would do.

When doing my factory stock if I went above 33 inch pounds it flexed the plastic trigger guard and would bind the magazine. Experiment until the mag binds then back it out a little is what I would do.
All righty, then, Jaybo. Good to know. Thanks, man.

If that doesn't work for you you can replace that part with air craft aluminum and really torque down on it.
www.[B]tikkaperformance[/B].com
I changed the stock on one of mine which came with aluminum pillars. After I changed the aluminum trigger assembly I was able to torque it to 60 inch pounds but it is also a 300wm so I wanted it tight.

Jaybo, I ordered those Allen head bolt sets from Mountain Tactical, which I believe is Tikka Performance? I ordered their picatinny rail that incorporates a lug to fit in that receivers hole, and finally the stainless lug upgrade that replaces the factory aluminum lug. All coming in tomorrow.

Are those the upgrade action bolts you were referring to? If so, you went 60 lbs inch. Wow, that's a lot for a plastic trigger guard and plastic stock(on mine anyway).
Re read your reply, and you upgraded your stock. Think I'm just going to monitor it starting at 30 lbs., like you suggested

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts