Tipped game king

Tidus56

I noticed the other day looking at some load data that there is a 165 tipped game king (TGK) in 7mm. I used game kings in Africa and they did the job and penetrated well, honestly they didn't expand as much as I would have liked.
I am wondering if the TGK will expand more because of the tip? Also does anyone have much experience on game with the TGK and what was your experience?

Never recovered one. But good exits. They are thicker jacketed than ELD-X, SMK, SGK, or Bergers.
Traditional GameKing vs TMK vs TGK.jpg

Sierra-Gamechanger-1.jpg

Last edited:
I can't lie I am even more intrigued. Seems like it would be a really nice bullet for heavier game. I have some 140s in .264 and my buddy shot his deer with it. When I asked about performance all he could say is "well it's dead". So that wasn't helpful at all lol. I will see if I can find some 165s and give them a go. Thanks @lancetkenyon

Shoot the GameChanger in 6mm. I assume it's similar. The coyotes hate them. Have some of the 168gr TGKs for my safe queen Weatherby Custom Deluxe 300 Win Mag which I tested Sunday, was very promising. I'll never hunt with this rifle, too purty!

The game changer is the same as TGK according to sierra. I've gotten some for the 223 in 64gr and they work like a game king but has better bc

I've only shot 2 coyotes with the 140/270 bullet @ 3140fps You know when you hit game. They make a very solid sound. Only coyotes so the bang flop is not unexpected. But that is it for my experience

Recent Posts