6.5 140 Sierra Tipped Game King

TheViking

Looking for some feedback on these bullets, hopefully while taking an elk. I'll be running them about 3,000 fps out of my PRC.

These are package as 'game changers' in their factory ammo, but the name of the bullet itself it tipped game king.

Any feedback appreciated!

They're a very heavily constructed bullet, with a thick jacket that tapers to thinner at the noze. There's a thread in here somewhere a guy cross sectioned some sierra tmk and tgk(game changer) and shows the difference. Tgk don't expand well unless put on heavy constructed region of the body, shoot your elk in the shoulder. I recently purchased some for a 26" 65saum build at my smith. It's throated for 156 Bergers but the 140tgk looked to have a pretty long bearing surface when I fondled a few.

They're a very heavily constructed bullet, with a thick jacket that tapers to thinner at the noze. There's a thread in here somewhere a guy cross sectioned some sierra tmk and tgk(game changer) and shows the difference. Tgk don't expand well unless put on heavy constructed region of the body, shoot your elk in the shoulder. I recently purchased some for a 26" 65saum build at my smith. It's throated for 156 Bergers but the 140tgk looked to have a pretty long bearing surface when I fondled a few.
In all the reviews I have found, they all expanded very well in whitetails, and blow through them. I've heard a few reviews of them 'blowing up', but I'm not sure how much faith I have in that.

I have seen that post and picture, definitely a much thicker copper jacket. To me they seem very similar to the ELD-X, maybe just a little tougher. Which I'm ok with if I'm putting it through an elk and 2600-2800fps.

I shot 2 deer this year with 6mm 100g tgk @200-240yrds 6cm 2900mv, with very desirable results.
A balistic gel test video on YouTube shows inconsistent expansion at around 2200fps.

I used them in a 6.5 saum for a antelope hunt. Accurate as anything else but not sure they are as well constructed as I thought.

Shot a big goat at 487 and while I misread the wind and hit him in the last rib or two I didn't get a exit. He ran out to just over 500 and was going down but I decided to shoot again. This one hit right in the crease of the shoulder (opposite side from first shot) and anchored him.
While I didn't do a real inspection I can confirm both bullets didn't exit. Internal damage was massive and if my first shot had been better I am sure it would of dropped him on the spot but left me wondering how they would perform on larger animals.

I have 5 more boxes of them so plan to do some more testing but again was surprised no exit

That load is 3025fps if I remember right

I haven't tried that exact bullet,but tried the 165 30 cal. version. Broadside shot on a whitetail doe. 305 yards 2800 MV, high shoulder hit (love that shot) dropped in its tracks. No exit hole.

I really like an exit hole in the possibility of needing to track an animal. I have made that exact shot with both the 165 GK SBT and HPBT versions quite a few times and never failed to get a pass through. I realize this could be a random incident, but I am back to the old reliable Game Kings.

Never shot elk with them but I have a 6.5 Creedmore and have shot pigs, whitetail, and antelope and never had a problem. I am only shooting about 2700 fps.