Timberrrr!

Muddyboots

In basement hear a deep rumble like thunder or even a train coming so I went upstairs to see what the heck was going on. Absolutely no wind, still as can be but yet a big oak decided to fall into yard. What the heck! Broke about 10' off the ground and just came crashing down. Green as can be. I haven't gotten close enough to inspect the base but bet carpenter ants are in play or it got hit by lightening few nights ago but no signs of charring that I can see right now. So getting estimates to clean up since I don't burn wood and I am scheduled in for an epidural shot in back so cutting up a big oak is not in the cards at all. Funny thing is I just rebuilt the carb on my Stihl so its ready to go but sadly I am not. Curious to see what the estimates will be to clean up but they have easy access for sure. Can drive trucks right up to the tree! Thankful not close to pole barn!
IMG_2976.JPG

Your description of the sound of it falling reminded me of when I was cutting old growth timber in Washington out of randle. Sometimes the logging areas (units) were sold in groups (sales) and were maybe a mile apart and we would be cutting at the same time. The sound of a big old growth falling at a distance is (to me) identical to them blasting rock to build road.

HarperC: Yep, get one almost on 3-4 month schedule and it really quiets the nerves down for a while. This isolation thing has not helped since I have backed off on physical activity which has caused some of the problems too. I have restarted my conditioning and will keep it going no matter what after the shot. Just have to keep moving. Thx for thoughts!

Much the same here. Between not being able to get with my trainer, limited physician access, and fighting with insurance folks it's aggravating for sure.

Hang tough!

OK, got a couple of quotes and holy cow there was some spread for sure. Highest was $2K and lowest was $1100 to clean all up, remove etc. Tree work is $$ now that I need some work done! Bad back so no choice, guess it is better to sit on patio with cold one watching them take it away!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.