Tikka T3X 300 Win Mag- Overall / Twist rate thoughts?

I've been kicking tires on one of these and I was curious if anybody has input on them, good or bad. It looks to me like they fixed most of what need fixing on the T3, and it appears to be a fine little weapon for the money. Secondary question would be around the 1:11" twist rate and 24ish" barrel. Would that be best served with 180-190gr bullets, or will it properly stabilize the 210gr stuff?

I have a Sako 75 in 300 WSM with the same 1:11 twist. Extremely accurate rifle. It loves the 180gr bullets. Once I found the proper seating depth on the 200gr ELD-X, it shot a 5 round "ragged hole" group at 2952 fps at 100 yards. This is my dedicated elk rifle and it hasn't had a problem dropping them with the 180gr Accubonds. I'll be using the 200 gr ELDX bullet this October on my elk hunt.

I have a Sako 75 in 300 WSM with the same 1:11 twist. Extremely accurate rifle. It loves the 180gr bullets. Once I found the proper seating depth on the 200gr ELD-X, it shot a 5 round "ragged hole" group at 2952 fps at 100 yards. This is my dedicated elk rifle and it hasn't had a problem dropping them with the 180gr Accubonds. I'll be using the 200 gr ELDX bullet this October on my elk hunt.
Hi just wondering how the 200 eldx preformed and what powder were you using

Hi just wondering how the 200 eldx preformed and what powder were you using

The 200 gr ELDX performed flawlessly. Dropped a 5x5 bull in it's tracks. Looked like he got hit by lightning!! Other friends have had similar experiences on deer with the 178 gr ELDX using a 308 & 30-06

Load is 62.8gr of RL17, 2.855" COAL, Nosler brass, WLRM primer

The 200 gr ELDX performed flawlessly. Dropped a 5x5 bull in it's tracks. Looked like he got hit by lightning!! Other friends have had similar experiences on deer with the 178 gr ELDX using a 308 & 30-06

Load is 62.8gr of RL17, 2.855" COAL, Nosler brass, WLRM primer
That's awsome just bought a new tikka t3x in a 300 win , and was gonna try working up a load , but was a little unsure with the 11 twist barrel just had a guy telling me the 11 wouldnt shoot them

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.