Tikka T3 Lite long range performance

jtaustin

I'm considering a Tikka T3 Lite 300 WM for long range(up to 700 yds max) DIY elk hunting. Does it have the long range performance history for this task? What loads would suit it best to start with?

the tikkas normally shoot well. but being so light it will be hard to drive/control recoil. but maybe your thinking muzzle brake...
I would guess you would have to modify the magazine to seat to the lands.

I'm using one in the super lite from Sportsmans Warehouse. It is wearing a Nikon monarch with BDC reticle.
The load is Hornsby GMX (California) 165 seated to fit the magazine. It's set up to go to 725 yards on the bottom dot( I think).
It has banged the gong at 675 many times so far. This will be the first hunting season with the new stick.

The Tikka T3 Lite will work great out to 700 yards. I have one in 7mm and I shoot out to 1000 all the time with great results. I have shot elk out to 670 and 880 yards with it.

look in to the varmint model as well. It comes in 300 win mag and 7 rem mag. I shot LR for a long time with sporter barrels and now that I have gone heavy I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

I have private land range out to 1300 yards...tested my tikka t3 lite the other day. .270 with 130g ballistic tips. All 10 in steel plates, with a vortex 6.5-20 X 50 and a drop chart for my load. I rang 400...600...700...and 850 with it no problem on a calm day from a bipod. Ran out of ammo to attempt the 1000 gong.

300 WM Modified Case

Can't find the 300 WM Hornady Modified case anywhere. Tried all the usual reloading supply websites. Guess I'll need to be patient, but I really want to find the COAL and the sweet spot for my Xbolt. Any suggestions?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts