Ti Pro 2 vs 3 muzzle brake

AFmaryland

Is there a significant difference between the 2 vs 3?

I would be using it on a 300 PRC

I see the 2 has different ports (PRO PLUS) on it than the 3 so I wasn't sure if the 2 made up for fewer ports with better ports?

I have two TI pro 4's that I had turned down to .830 to match the carbon six sendero. I just picked up a TI pro 3 ST .990 diameter because the deal was too good to pass up. The ports are much larger than the 4's I have. I will compare to see if that makes a difference.

Ultimate reloader has had Ken from SRS on and there is a YouTube video where ultimate reloader spoke about recoil vs port size and bullet clearance.

Ken is easy to get ahold of on the forums like LRO

Last edited:
This is the right video. The difference between 2 port and 4 port was not much.

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
If you are referring to Ty-Pro brake,
Unknown Munitions renamed them per ports ,the 2 has 2 ports, 3 has 3 ports....
For a 300Prc I would recommend
Ty- pro 4 with 4 ports. Hope this helps.

If you are referring to Ty-Pro brake,
Unknown Munitions renamed them per ports ,the 2 has 2 ports, 3 has 3 ports....
For a 300Prc I would recommend
Ty- pro 4 with 4 ports. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Is there a noticeable difference between the 4 and 5 for magnums?

Here is the chart if you haven't seen it and here is minimum you can turn a TI down to match barrel contour. Both my TI 4's match my carbon six senderos .830.

EDIT: The picture showing ti pro 1,2 and 3 min specs was before they renamed them by number of ports. The ti pro 3 was the 5 port and ti pro 2 was the 4 port.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 112
Here is the chart if you haven't seen it and here is minimum you can turn a TI down to match barrel contour. Both my TI 4's match my carbon six senderos .830.
Awesome yeah I saw the chart, was more concerned with overall recoil reduction than the fit bit obviously it's a plus if it looks good! I was considering a self timer version for easy transfer to other .30 cal. I see people like these brakes and they are super light but I was really curious if it's worth the extra money and size for the larger versions (4 vs 5 etc)