• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Thumbhole stocks

dickshuford

A couple of years ago I re-barreled and stocked several (Rem 700) rifles using thumb hole stocks. I purchased these stocks from either Stocky or Boyd's. They are considered either varmint or target stocks and have a 2" wide forearm. Since I can do my own work, I bought the cheaper $ 92.00 laminates and am very happy with them after they are glass bedded. These were short action BDL Stocks.

I have decided to start using the 700 Rem ADL rifles since I do mostly varmint and target shooting. I just bought a 700 ADL in a 308 varmint. I ordered and recieved a Ross feather weight thumb hole that is supposed to have enough forearm for a varmint barrel. It does but barely.

Is there another manufacture out there that can supply a heavy thumb hole stock for a Rem 700 Varmint (wide forearm) cheap?

Go back and look at Stockys . He has added lots of stocks to his inventory and probably
has what you want.

Not many vendors to choose from for good thumb hole stocks.

If you shoot targets the light fore ends will give you problems.

You can buy a varmint fore end and cut it down a little if you dont like it but
it is hard to add to a strength to a skinny stock.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks J E

Yes, this stock that I just bought is too thin for what I want. I've made a few thumb holes in the past but that is a lot of whittling.

Well I found out what I wanted to know. Although no one seems to want to build a varmint stock, for the 700 ADL Varmint, Boyd will be offering the stock that they used to sell via Stock's but also in a ADL

With Cabela's and Dicks Sporting Goods offering a 700 SPS ADL with a junk scope and mounts for some $450.00 there will be a market for ADl Varmint stocks.