Thread pitch Reference

RangerWalker71

Thread Pitch Reference

22 LR, .22 MAG, .17 HMR

The standard thread for these calibers is 1/2×28. Please let us know if you are aware of any notable exceptions. .4-.5" long

9mm

1/2×28 is the most common thread for 9mm weapons – both carbine and pistol.
H&K weapons use the M13.5×1 LH thread pitch
Sig Sauer weapons use the M13.5x1LH thread pitch
.40 S&W

9/16×24 is the most common thread pitch for .40 cal weapons.
H&K weapons use the M14.5×1 LH thread pitch

.578×28 is the most common thread for .45 cal weapons.
H&K USP Tactical uses the M16x1 LH thread pitch
H&K Mark 23 (Socom) uses the M16x1 RH thread pitch
5.56mm (.223)

AR-15s use the 1/2×28 thread pitch .6" long
Steyr Aug uses the M13x1 LH thread pitch
H&K weapons use the M15x1 thread pitch
Ruger Mini uses 9/16×24 thread pitch
7.62mm (.308)

5/8×24 is the most common thread for 7.62mm/.308 weapons
Sako TRG uses the M18x1 thread pitch
Accuracy International uses the M18x1.5 thread pitch
AK-47s use the M14x1LH thread pitch
.338LM

5/8×24 is the most common thread for .338LM weapons
Sako TRG uses the M18x1 thread pitch
Accuracy International uses the M18x1.5 thread pitch
Desert Tactical Arms uses the 3/4×24 thread pitch

Just FYI. Thought I would pass it on. Hope it helps someone

J E Custom

Great information RW.

I will add this to my web site links under Gun Smithing where I have lots of other thread pitch and barrel tenon information,if you don't mind.

www.jecustom.com - Links

No one can remember all of this type of information, so it is nice to have a reference to go to.

Thanks
J E CUSTOM

300whisper

LRH Team Member
Thank you for the information. I see this is a new section to LRH. I can't post in this forum and please redirect me if I am posting in the wrong section. I am trying to build a 300 blackout. Can I build a suppressor? Would you recommend building your own?

RangerWalker71

Thank you for the information. I see this is a new section to LRH. I can't post in this forum and please redirect me if I am posting in the wrong section. I am trying to build a 300 blackout. Can I build a suppressor? Would you recommend building your own?

I can help for sure. You can build your own if you file a Form 1 first. Still runs you $200 to the GOVT. If your not a accomplished machinist I would purchase one.
Feel free to call me at 816-718-9489. I can give you the long and short of making VS's purchasing one.

Thanks
Steve
816-718-9489

Johnny_V

Great information RW.

I will add this to my web site links under Gun Smithing where I have lots of other thread pitch and barrel tenon information,if you don't mind.

www.jecustom.com - Links

No one can remember all of this type of information, so it is nice to have a reference to go to.

Thanks
J E CUSTOM
You should check the links on your website as I found several broken ones. Also, Steve's pages require a login.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce