Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

The problem is, it also makes better business sense to sell 50 things at a 100% profit, than sell 100 things at a 50% profit...

Vettepilot

If this thread gets censored like many have, go to telegram and Rumble. They are not censored. Don't live in fear, do something!
Don't confuse censored with people here to talk about things other than politics. Politics is everywhere but I would rather not see it here, consistent with Len's rules.

A manufacturer should plan for these inevitable market swings. People east of the Mississippi won't believe it perhaps, but there's many, many thousands of acres of vacant land in the USA, and thousands of empty warehouses, idled factories, etc. The ammo producers could afford the rent to have standby facilities, that they can fire up when demand soars. It would make good business sense.

Don't believe me? Well just how fast do you think they would make ammo and components if a major war broke out??? Huh? They'd manage to meet demand then!

BTW- Fiocchi was/is supposed to open a facility here in the USA. Anyone have an update on that?

Vettepilot
How can you say it would make good business sense when every ammo manufacturer has looked at this and has decided that it doesn't make business sense to have this flexible manufacturing in place?

How can you say it would make good business sense when every ammo manufacturer has looked at this and has decided that it doesn't make business sense to have this flexible manufacturing in place?
All corporations work on short term plans. They don't spend money that doesn't bring returns in the near quarters for stockholders.

An examination of Remingtons apparent mismanagement might offer insight to the industry. Unfortunately this is more of a politically impacted market shortage that is compounded by the Remington shut down.

The argument should be made however that the USA foolishly allows critical industries to wither at the peril of our national security and this is across the board. It needs to stop.

Last edited:
When the going get's tough, the tough get....... pumping?
Yep, but this the hungriest of them all ...

Sig Sauer pellet gun.jpg

All corporations work on short term plans. They don't spend money that doesn't bring returns in the near quarters for stockholders.

An examination of Remingtons apparent mismanagement might offer insight to the industry. Unfortunately this is more of a politically impacted market shortage that is compounded by the Remington shut down.

The argument should be made however that the USA foolishly allows critical industries to wither at the peril of our national security and this is across the board. It needs to stop.
All corporations have to keep an eye on both short and long term factors or else they end up like Remington. Corporations also make long term investment decisions all the time. I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Hoarders and flippers, price gougers, etc. aren't raping nor pillaging. They are entering into an equitable mutual agreement, not coerced nor forced. That you think you are receiving some kind of treatment speaks to your lack of understanding of economics. Ignorance is easily cured: education.
Example: During times of scarcity, whether low supply or high demand, prices rise. This is a self-correction a marked makes. In the case of hurricane displaced people in a hotel: family of 6 gets to hotel some hours from the coast. They rent 3 rooms because that's how they live at home: 3 TVs. Another family of 6 arrives at same hotel, which is now half-booked. Room rates have risen, causing them to get only 2 rooms, even though they live the same way as family 1. The last family arrives, this is you, and sees one room left. They are furious because the room rate tripled, so they move on. Then another family arrives and is grateful for the room because they have been on the road for days, passing all the full hotels, being pushed away for lack of room. They get showered and realize the deal they got at triple the price.

I don't mean to be condescending, nor to flame Mr. Adam32+P, nor really to single him out. There is a huge world of information out there that is readily available right here on the internet. That we don't take advantage of it is terrible. Soren Kierkegaard once wrote: People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. This applies to any ignorant or unqualified opinion stated as fact.
Tell all that to people who are buying $30 a gallon water after a devastating earthquake.
I'm sure you would make an excellent law student since you are so well versed on ethics and ignorance.

Are you paying attention to what is going on in Washington D.C.?
Yes, I have seen that a couple uber liberal representatives from a couple uber liberal districts have grandstanded for their constituencies by introducing ridiculous bills with absurd provisions like registering all guns, and passing psychological exams and paying yearly fees just for the privilege to shoot, that will NEVER PASS Now, some milder bills that are limited to things like expanded background checks, and possibly even bans on "assault weapons" might gain some traction and may even pass. But even if they do, that will hardly "take away all our gun rights" or "make recreational shooting disappear."

Yes, I have seen that a couple uber liberal representatives from a couple uber liberal districts have grandstanded for their constituencies by introducing ridiculous bills with absurd provisions like registering all guns, and passing psychological exams and paying yearly fees just for the privilege to shoot, that will NEVER PASS Now, some milder bills that are limited to things like expanded background checks, and possibly even bans on "assault weapons" might gain some traction and may even pass. But even if they do, that will hardly "take away all our gun rights" or "make recreational shooting disappear."
Sooo... What is an "assault weapon?" And, what if my recreational shooting includes guns that look like them? Kinda sounds like I will not be doing any recreational shooting with them, then.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts