Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

When all the ATF,FBI , Secret Service and Military contracts are filled also you have to include Sherifs,Highway Patrol and Police DNR and Park Service personnel. Once those are filled then the big wholesalers will be filled,then your smaller wholesale companies will start to fill there orders,I really do not think you will see primers and hunting bullets and powder till August or September,and I hope that they put a limit on how much you can buy a month or you will be wright back where we are now.

Will the extended background check bill that will most likely go to the Senate floor be an added factor to holding sales back? I realize this is about components but I'm researching a new build and getting the pieces together from barrels to action to stocks etc is long enough with the back orders being where they are at.

Will the extended background check bill that will most likely go to the Senate floor be an added factor to holding sales back? I realize this is about components but I'm researching a new build and getting the pieces together from barrels to action to stocks etc is long enough with the back orders being where they are at.
Barrels, where? I'm FINALLY getting my lathe running and it seems like Green Mountain and others are almost completely out of barrel blanks even.

I believe (said with the slightest air of levity) this will end once every moron stops panic buying for 5 to 8 months. letting the ammo component and loaded ammo manufactures catch up. Letting them put ammo and components on the shelf, and fill their warehouses back up again. then and only then will we see the shelves stocked, stay stocked and our whole gun community will be happy. Also never panic buy ever again. just keep a good supply of ammo in a secure location for emergency use (taking back the country or defending your family/community from Zombies/roving hoards of liberals). We can not allow what every evil administration that gets into office (state or federal) dictate our buying habits as gun people. yes we must be prepared, yes we must hold our line, yes we must be prepared to fight for our rights against all people that are willing to take our rights from us, whether or not they are trying from American soil or international soil. We told a tyrant on English soil to "Kiss it". why should be allow the UN to make us give up our God given rights? Why should we allow any elected official to collude with any adversarial nation (China, Muslim nation/Mid-east, any nation that shouts, "Death to America!") we have identified so many of our elected officials that have our nation's best interests dead last to every other nation on this earth. Why are we tolerating this and not prosecuting these people? This mess is of our own making, we elect people that are destroying our nation from within. these people are showing themselves and we do nothing. why is that?
I forget whom said this, "one stick is easy to break, but sticks in a bundle are nearly impossible to break."
Early on in my life I remember reading this from one of our founders, "either we hang together or we will surely hang separately." In an era of extreme division in this country we are surely going to hang separately unless something dramatic happens. I think that dramatic event will have to be the awakening of so many democrates to the truth that the party leaders need blind followers. once that happens, the democratic party is all but finished in the USA.
Just remember the 4 boxes of liberty:
The Soap box
The Mail box
The Ballet box
Lastly comes the AMMO Box.

Cultivate peace if you can, prepare for war no matter what.

And I bet over half of those primers are already listed on Gunbroker for 10x what they were purchased for...and being shipped illegally.
"Illegally" according to whom? You think they aren't placing hazmat stickers on the box? A friend just sent me 1200 primers that he said are over 40 years old. So they are antiques, not hazmat...

My crystal ball says. March 2022. I see some signs of relief now. My democrat relatives are feeling the brunt of shortages now and are not happy and are asking this olde Republican guy for guidance. Hopefully, by end 1st quarter 2022, some positive legislative definitions will occur to dispel fears of a component black-out. Mid-term elections follow 7 months later and a Republican house and speaker, 3rd in succession, would ratchet up democrat fears. Every state has shooters, even the liberal states where my democrat relatives live.
Hopefully enough of them are wising up to the utter hypocrisy of those fools.

Actually, the core problem is not the shortage. All the manufacturers have stated they distributed more powder, bullets, primers and factory ammo in 2020 than they ever have, even with the pandemic. The core problem is simply the unprecedented demand for these products caused by the pandemic, civil unrest in large cities and the uncertainty leading up to the election, and the scary outcome of the election. Exacerbated by the over 8 million new gun owners who had no clue what "normal prices" were prior to 2020, and their willingness to pay what most of us consider to be exorbitant prices. Prices will probably never return to "normal", but if we are lucky, might increase by only 30% or so from 2019, once the panic subsides.
Correct...was what I was trying to say. It is an imbalance in supply and demand caused by the demand side.

With the Biden admin trying to push through new legislation like the "expanded background checks" it is not going to get better anytime soon.

It may add to the frenzy if people think the background checks are the beginning of strict regulation.

Talked to a friend of mine, who is a mid range pistol and small rifle competitor. He has a few sponsors, and they told him that they could order 5000 primers, and available components prior to the season starting. Only a one time deal, and limited to that. So I'm going to guess that there may be another delay in available components as sponsored competitors are given priority. I'm starting to see a lot of wolf primers, and privi primers coming out onto the market. Saw some type of hungarian ones for sale the other day, wasn't even any english writing on the packages. Crazy times for sure
Yesterday I saw, get this, Wolf (or similar) re-manufactured steel-cased ammo with 1970s corrosive primers advertised for sale. Said they took the old 'defective' ammo and dumped bullets, loaded with new powder and slugs and fixed it up for sale. WTAF? Unless it was stored in cardboard boxes under the water for a decade or more, it wasn't defective due to age. And if it was, the primers would be the problem, not the powder or bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts