Thoughts on Burris Xtreme tactical sig. 34mm Rings?

encoreguy

I just ordered a Burris XTR II 4-20 scope and now I need rings. I use Burris signature zee rings on all of my other scopes and have had good luck with them. I see that Burris added a Xtreme Tactical Signature ring line. Does anyone have thoughts on them? I see they are aluminum which concerns me a little since this is a heavy scope and will go on a 300 win mag. I use Ken Farrell steel one piece bases. Thoughts on these rings or suggestions on other 34 mm rings.

Thanks

I just ordered a Burris XTR II 4-20 scope and now I need rings. I use Burris signature zee rings on all of my other scopes and have had good luck with them. I see that Burris added a Xtreme Tactical Signature ring line. Does anyone have thoughts on them? I see they are aluminum which concerns me a little since this is a heavy scope and will go on a 300 win mag. I use Ken Farrell steel one piece bases. Thoughts on these rings or suggestions on other 34 mm rings.

Thanks

Hi. I own the same scope you have and it has been wonderful. I believe the XTRII line is one of the best values in optics currently in the market. I was never a fan of the signature series rings. My XTRII is also on a custom 300wm and it is held there by a set of NF light rings. My hunting 300wm has a set of Vtac rings. They both work excellently and if you shop around, you can get them for far less than the normal high price.

Best of luck.

_Philly

encoreguy,

Thanks

I mounted a 34mm scope in Talley lightweights. It's a wildcat built on a .300 RUM case. No problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts